Invent the next big hit: bring to life a revolutionary & premium powdered tea technology
Tea is the second most consumed beverage after water. This versatile beverage can be drunk for many reasons - to recharge, to refresh, to stimulate and to unwind. It can be social, drunk with friends and family, or drunk individually for an important me-time moment. How do you prepare yours? Do you make it quickly on the go or do you savor the moment and follow a strict preparation ritual? The beauty of tea is its varied forms (black tea, green tea, herbal ones) and the multitude of ways it can be made!
A tea company has invented a true revolution in the tea world: a method of grinding any type of tea, into a ground up, fine ‘Matcha style’ powder. The powder is mixed into water and consumed. This breakthrough innovation allows the consumer to drink the whole leaf, not just an infusion like you get with tea bags.
Imagine this technology is turned into a brand. Why would people want to buy it? What are the frustrations this new technology can solve? What would the flavors be? What would the packaging look like? What would be the key moments of consumption? Here is your chance to help a famous tea company create the next big hit. Help this tea company create something unique!
Based on the new technology of grinding tea into powder, create a unique product that will attract people and delight tea lovers.
We are asking you to create the full product idea behind the technology of grinding tea leaves into a powder. Your concept should be a product idea which includes the following:
- A name: it should be memorable and distinctive.
- Packaging ideas: unique, cool and visually appealing, providing a clever pack experience. Examples of packaging are tins, sachets, bamboo sticks.
- Moment of consumption: tell us how you think the product would be consumed - could it be very fast and convenient to make and consume or a very slow process of mixing the powdered tea into a special cup – we will let you decide!
- Identify the needs or frustrations it deals with: what unmet consumer need can this technology address/meet?
- True benefits: the benefits that come from addressing the unmet need.
- Target audience: who do you think will buy this product?
Your idea should be something premium but not luxury. Our brand is a mass brand and although premium, needs to appeal to a wide range of people. It will be sold in grocery stores and hypermarkets, but not in specific boutique tea stores. So it should not be too high-end!
In term of tastes, there are no restrictions, strong or light, fruity or plain. You can base your idea on any type of tea.
We ask you to be as creative and unique as possible - do not try to incorporate too many features into your idea, instead keep it simple and straightforward. Your concept idea should have one unique benefit, not five.
Your entry should be composed of visuals (to address packaging and product visuals) and text.
Make sure you address the following points in your entry:
Tell us the name, describe the product, the people it is made for and describe the experience of using the product, from unpacking to preparation and then drinking. Do not forget to tell us what the frustration behind your idea is and what the benefit for consumers is.
Any entry that does not answer these points will not be accepted.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Think about your own frustrations and needs regarding tea and imagine how a powdered tea can answer your needs.
An example of a good idea is a product that is good for the body and healthier than other teas, because one can ingest the whole leaf. Or, perhaps ingesting the whole leaf creates a better taste experience than other teas? It could also be a product that offers a great social experience and ritual to share with friends, bringing people closer together.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,500
- #5 Prize €500
Presentation made of visuals and text. 4 pages max (PDF)
The client will award ideas that best leverage the technology of grinding tea to offer something unique with a strong benefit to consumers.
Guidelines for this contest
- We are expecting premium ideas but not luxury. This new tea will not be sold in tea boutiques and high-end shops.
- Be positive and authentic in your idea.
- Do not forget to give details such as names and tastes and answer the three mandatory questions.
- Entries should be in English, Chinese or Japanese.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.