Show us why your favourite mobile game is so engaging and fun to play!
Calling all mobile gaming players, enthusiasts, and experts! Do you find yourself glued to your smartphones walking down the street, pausing and backtracking, making a sudden left or right, all the while jabbing and` swiping at your screen furiously?
A big technology company wants to understand your love for mobile gaming – why you think mobile gaming is a cool and fun thing to do, and what you like about the wide variety of experiences that isn’t just about the on-screen moment.
Tell us what your top favorite mobile games are today. And with your current most favourite mobile game in mind, in a poster with a visual and text, show us what the most compelling thing is about mobile gaming to you.
Choose your favourite mobile game that you play on your smartphone. With that game in mind, tell us what is great about this game, why it is cool and fun, what you like about the wide variety of experiences that encompass on-screen moments and external off-screen adventures.
Here are some aspects of mobile gaming that will help you come up with your idea:
- Internal game elements: What are the elements within your chosen game that you really like? For example, is there a social element built into the way the game works? Is location-based capability something that’s fun? Is it a cool display of technology?
- External elements: What other aspects – other than game itself – do you like about your chosen mobile game? Does it allow you to interact with the environment around you? What about the characters that you like? Or do you see it as just a fun way of passing time?
Please answer these three questions in the template provided:
- Which favourite mobile game did you pick to base your idea on? How did you first hear about it/discover it?
- In your idea, what are the (a) internal game elements and (b) external elements that would compel a non-gamer to start mobile gaming? What do you think are the emotional benefits to playing this game?
- Besides this favourite game, what are 4 more of your favourite mobile games?
You can submit as many entries as you would like, but please keep each submission focused on one game.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Poster with a visualization of your idea and answers to the three questions, using the template provided.
We are want your insights and thoughts about why mobile gaming is cool, interesting, and fun. The winning entries will consider both internal game elements and external elements that combine for an ever-immersive mobile gaming experience. The quality of the visual is less important than your insights, moments and thoughts about mobile gaming.
Guidelines for this contest
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries must be in English only.
- Please answer the three mandatory questions in your submission.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.