Convince people to choose a Samsung Quantum Dot TV in a creative and funky new way!
A TV is one of the biggest investments you make in your home, and with its commanding presence, perhaps in the living area, it’s definitely a key item that you spend days or even weeks deliberating on, in order to choose the best one for you. It’s also a really exciting purchase for most families! You scour the internet but the amount of technical facts, jargon, acronyms, and number simply overwhelm, resulting in your putting your decision off. Wouldn’t it be great if someone could explain TV tech in an easy-to-understand way?
Samsung today wants to do just that with their SUHD TV with Quantum Dot Display. Simply put, it is “the best TV with the best color expression and the highest brightness level”
In a creative and funky new way, help Samsung explain why people should buy their Quantum Dot TV!
Introducing the Samsung SUHD TV with Quantum Dot Display. You might be thinking, “what is Quantum Dot?” In a nutshell, it brings unmatched color and brightness for the best viewing experience, regardless of the light conditions in the room; you’ll finally be able to see the subtle hues in bright sunlight to the hidden details in the night. Click here to read more about Quantum Dot.
What we are looking for today is to bring to life the end emotional and viewing benefits of Quantum Dot in a creative and funky new way. Please include in your entry:
- A poster with a tagline
- A pitch story – Now that you have convinced people about Quantum Dot through your poster and tagline, imagine you are in a store and want to sell them Quantum Dot TVs. This is the most important moment for Samsung to stand out in the shopping process. What would you say? How would you answer their questions such as “What is Quantum Dot?” “Why is it relevant to me?” Why does it make my TV experience better? And “Why should I choose Samsung’s Quantum Dot over competitors?"
TV tech is often communicated in a way that is confusing – with tech jargon, buzzwords, facts and specs. In this contest, we challenge you to do so without using TV tech jargon or showing industry-standard images.
Remember people love watching TV. So the benefit of Quantum Dot needs to link to that experience (as a reminder it gives you “unmatched color and brightness regardless of the light conditions in the room you’re in”). This will be what your submission will be judged on. This doesn’t mean we need you to take this literally and only show people watching TV!
This new TV also brings seamless connectivity to other Samsung products, such as your smartphone or tablet, and has an easy-to-use Smart TV Interface that enables faster navigation and intuitive usability. You can include these benefits in your submission if you want, but the absolute priority is to bring to life the benefits of Quantum Dot.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Could there be any interesting analogies that you can use, since we don’t want to see a standard image of a TV in your idea?
What we don’t want to see:
A picture of a TV screen that has an image of the Amazonian Rainforest on it in all its colorful glory and intricate detail, with claims such as “64 times the color expression of conventional TV” and tech specs like “10-bit panels.” A pretty picture on a TV screen is a TV ad cliché, and we don’t want to see entries containing generic TV images and/or TV tech jargon.
Check what other brands have done for similar category products and don’t do the same! We’re looking for something truly disruptive here.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
A poster of your idea with a tagline, and your pitch story (maximum 2 pages, PDF).
Samsung will select the best ideas that communicate the unmatched color and brightness benefits of its Quantum Dot TV to people in a simple, creative, and funky new way that will help them understand what Quantum Dot is, why it’s relevant to them, and get them to choose this TV over competitors.
Remember the ideas behind the in-store script are as important as the poster!
The key questions your submission needs to answer are:
“What is Quantum Dot?” “Why is it relevant to me?” Why does it make my TV experience better? And “Why should I choose Samsung’s Quantum Dot over competitors?"
Guidelines for this contest
- All entries must be submitted in English.
- Please answer the mandatory questions above with a clear description and narrative so we understand what your idea is about.
- We want to simplify how confusing TV tech is communicated so do not use TV tech jargon. Entries containing TV tech jargon will not be accepted.
- You are allowed to feature a TV in your entry, however, Samsung is not looking for yet another image of a standard television! If you wish to show a TV, you should be able to do something funky with it.
- You can use analogies and metaphors in your entry.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.