Help CLEAR make a positive social or environmental impact on the world!
Over the past two years, Unilever’s simple purpose has been to make sustainable living commonplace. The Unilever vision is to increase positive social impact while reducing environmental impact, and each of their brands is developing a Sustainable Living Plan to engage with consumers to bring this vision to life.
CLEAR is one of Unilever’s top scalp and haircare brands offering unbeatable anti-dandruff protection. CLEAR understands that men’s and women’s scalps are different, and offers customised solutions accordingly. They want to give the world a brighter future. However, they have not yet defined their Sustainable Living Plan. With the world facing new and ever-increasing challenges, there is a growing opportunity for CLEAR to touch peoples’ lives.
Can you come up with a big idea that will help CLEAR engage with consumers aged 18-35, who want to make an impact on their world and believe that others’ perceptions of them can become their reality? Help CLEAR give them the direction and confidence they need to make an impact on sustainable living and bring it to life. We want CLEAR to touch people’s hearts and minds and get them to champion sustainable living in their lives, no matter how big or small.
Today, CLEAR presents you with its most challenging brief yet: can you help CLEAR make a positive social or environmental impact on the world?
In a presentation with text and visuals, show us how CLEAR can engage with consumers to make this world a better place. We know this is a difficult challenge, so we need you to be both creative and ingenious as you think about your idea. Show us what CLEAR can do that will help give the world a brighter future.
Here are Unilever’s pillars of sustainable living, which you can centre your CLEAR idea around:
- Improving health and wellbeing – how can CLEAR help people take action to improve their health and hygiene?
- Reducing environmental impact – what can CLEAR do to reduce its environmental footprint?
- Enhancing livelihoods – what things can CLEAR do for developing countries, its employees, and other groups of people or businesses that will help them reach the next level?
You may choose a single pillar to focus your idea on, or more than one pillar. Alternatively, you could really push the boundaries with an idea that challenges the constraints of convention. It can be a functional idea that’s based on what the product can do, or an emotional idea that champions ideas such as empowerment, caring, or altruism, amongst others.
Whatever your idea, keep in mind that CLEAR is a scalp and haircare brand and your idea needs to be something haircare can credibly impact. We are not looking for a new product or product innovation idea, and we are not looking for a packaging idea.
Please do not submit ideas:
- That focus only on one gender. As a dual gender brand, the idea must not isolate either gender. Please keep in mind CLEAR’s customised product offering for men and women.
- That are about general confidence, as it is hard for CLEAR to play a role in such a generic space. If you would like, you can be specific in your approach, e.g., focusing on bullying, or gender discrimination.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
These examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Here are two examples of what other Unilever brands have done as part of their Sustainable Living Plan
- Vaseline: Healing Project – this is an example about Vaseline Improving health and wellbeing
- Axe: Find Your Magic – this is an example that doesn’t fall into the three Unilever pillars of sustainable living but has a bigger social message that challenges the traditional notions of masculinity, by encouraging men to break the stereotype of being a macho man, and finding their own unique traits that make them attractive to the world around them.
Take a look again at Unilever’s three pillars of sustainable living above or click here for more information.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
A presentation with text and visuals (maximum 3 pages, PDF).
The winning ideas will help CLEAR make a difference in the world! Help champion sustainable living by getting people interested in, engaged with, and motivated to increase positive social impact and reduce environmental impact. Think big and be creative in engaging people with interesting ideas that they will invest time and effort into.
Guidelines for this contest
- All entries must be submitted in English.
- Remember to include a tagline that summarises your idea along with your poster visual.
- Please do not submit new product, product innovation, or packaging ideas. We are looking for ideas on how CLEAR can help improve people’s lives, through its products and brand.
- Please include a clear description with your submitted visual, so we understand what your idea is about.
- Ensure that you include the CLEAR logo in your idea submission. You can download the logo here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.