Design the perfect packaging for a lemonade beverage!
Do you love lemonade? It is very refreshing, perfect for a sunny day out, making you feel hydrated and cooled down. Now, with consumers more conscious about keeping fit and searching for more natural products, beverages with these classic flavors are starting to appeal to them again.
Although health-conscious adults seem to want lemonade, we don’t find much choice among the shelves of Europe’s shops. Why?
Our sponsor, a soft drink manufacturer, believes it has a role to play, and is creating a new lemonade drink for adults. It believes its product deserves a space in the supermarket, next to the other beverages, because it’s simple, natural and fresh.
What would be a great packaging approach for lemonade? What should it communicate and offer people to become their favorite drink?
Create attractive packaging and graphic design for a natural and refreshing bottled lemonade.
A European beverage company is launching a bottled lemonade brand for adult men and women who are looking for a refreshing beverage, yet don’t want to feel guilty. They are urban, experimentalists and are concerned about keeping fit. That’s why they try to avoid carbonated soft drinks.
The new lemonade our client is creating does not have its visual cues yet. Its identity is not well defined, and they are looking for inspiration to bring to life their brand identity.
This brand wants people to associate naturalness, freshness and simplicity to its lemonade and appeal to people who are searching for a more natural, refreshing beverage.
There is no limit to your design, as long as it is simple and eye-catching.
We’d like you to create a graphic design, based on the fake brand “LEMONADE”, and generate the packaging for it. You can use a can or a bottle (glass and plastic are fine). Invent a visual identity for it and tell us why you think these visual codes would appeal to our target market.
Please answer these questions along with your designs:
- The chosen visual codes express:
- They express the benefit of:
- It stands out because:
- People would want to buy it because:
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start by thinking about the visual cues and elements relating to a natural and fresh bottle of lemonade. Imagine what visuals would be relevant and essential on a bottled lemonade.
For instance, a classic way to express freshness is through green and blue color codes. The label design could be a snow flake that crashes against a lime. It expresses the idea of freshness and a bitter taste. The chosen package would be a 33cl plastic bottle that is pretty slim and tall. It’s very different from the existing bottle, and the plastic is not transparent, but has a “blur-effect”.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
2 pages with designs and some explanations.
The winning entries are the most attractive ones that work best for natural, fresh lemonade. People should look at them and think that it’s a healthy and tasty beverage. Your packaging design will inspire the look of this brand.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or Portuguese.
- Remember we need two things: a packaging idea and a graphic design for the label.
- Possible formats of liquid are: 33cl, 50cl or 1,25L.
- Don’t use materials that would be extremely costly to develop.
- This contest is for a brand that we cannot disclose, so we will call it "Lemonade".
- To create your packaging, please use the logo in the toolkit. Do not create a logo or a new brand name – this is not the purpose of the contest.
- Don’t forget to answer the mandatory questions, or your entry will not be considered.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.