Invent your ideal make-up for lips beauty.
Everyone would agree that lips are a beauty statement. The way women beautify and make-up lips says a lot about themselves.
Neutral, glossy, bright or dark… lips express our personality or our mood. They provoke emotions and have strong evocation powers.
Women play with colors, textures, shines and the possibilities they have to make-up their lips are numerous. It goes from very subtle and discreet lips underlying to the whole transformation of the mouth and even of the face.
For some women, getting beautiful lips is a very mechanical gesture they do several times a day while for others it’s an occasional and quite long routine.
To please women who look for more creativity, more convenience, for women who are always keeping abreast of novelties, cosmetics brands have been innovating a lot in the past couple of years. In terms of formats and textures, we can now find not only sticks but also pencils, glosses, balms, oils, gels, liquid in tubes, fluids etc.
It’s not anymore just about lipsticks: there are many new forms and ways to get beautiful lips.
Our sponsor, an international Beauty & Couture luxury brand, wants to revolutionize the way women make their lips look beautiful and push the boundaries of lips make-up.
Do you want to find new ways to please women and their unquenchable thirst for innovative, disruptive and quality beauty products? Do you have ideas to make their lips look the way they want?
Invent a new and disruptive lips product, package and gesture to please women who want to have beautiful lips and look for out-of-the-box solutions.
We’re asking you to imagine new ways for women to color, to style or to take care of their lips.
Think beyond what already exists. Many options exist in this market: check our board of inspiration and imagine concepts, products, gestures that do not yet exist! Check our Pinterest board here.
We’d like you to illustrate your idea with visuals, some text (answer the questions listed right-after) and a mood-board that expresses the emotional or symbolical part of your idea.
Understanding the whole universe behind your idea is very important. There could be symbols, patterns, colors, personalities, and images taken from nature, fashion, cities, food, travel etc.
To guide you, along with your visuals and mood board, we ask that you describe your idea by answering these questions:
- Why women would want it: the promised results and benefits, the frustrations it solves;
- How women would apply it: gestures, applicators, routines;
- What is it: textures, packaging, formats, shapes, sensations;
- How is it new compared to what exists today?
- Who: the women you have in mind: what type of women do you think it would appeal to?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest could be a colored fluid that a woman can apply to the whole area of the lips, not only on the lips. She does not have to care too much about being precise in the application because the product will by itself be put on the lips only, without smears.
Another idea is a lipstick that changes colors. For the office hours the lips will be red and it turns to a flashy pink when the light goes down.
Do not limit your creativity to these ideas! These are mere examples and you should not replicate them. You can get inspiration from other categories like food, decoration, technology etc.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with design and text plus mood board. (4 pages max)
Being truly disruptive and offering new benefits to women will help you be the winners’ list.
Guidelines for this contest
- Think beyond boundaries and amaze us with your out-of-the-box ideas.
- Please stay away from existing products. Check our board on Pinterest, read articles to make sure what you invent is NEW!
- Please answer the mandatory questions.
- Entries should be in English.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.