What would an online platform that seamlessly connects home cooks and eaters look like?
Calling all foodies! Are you a passionate home cook with a secret desire to run a restaurant? Or perhaps you’re an adventurous eater who wants to experience a variety of home-cooked meals, or you simply don’t have enough time to cook for yourself?
A hungry technology start-up is launching an online marketplace (starting with a website, followed by a mobile app) to connect these two types of people.
- Independent home cooks will upload an image and description of what they are cooking, when and where it will be available and how much each portion will cost
- Eaters will browse for meals in their local area and click to order their home-cooked meal. Diners will then provide the home cooks with a rating and review for their meal.
The transaction will be entirely through the online platform that will showcase meals in the area as well as profile local home cooks.
Show us your vision of this revolution in food; where passionate home cooks and hungry eaters are seamlessly connected online.
Put yourself in the shoes of this hungry and eager start-up. They want to attract users to their platform and grow their community. The landing page of their website and the name are two of the biggest things that users will experience of the platform. How would you entice passionate home cooks to offer their services and adventurous or time poor eaters to partake of this new food experience?
We are looking for:
- A visual representation of this platform and community – your visual does not need to be a fully designed webpage or structured app, but it should convey the essence of the emergent sharing community.
- A name for this platform and community – a name is mandatory for this submission and, if you would like, you may design a logo for this name. Submissions without a logo design will be accepted and not penalised as long as the name is included.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
This online platform is an intersection of food, technology, community, and the sharing economy. Think of great brands in each of these separate spaces. Are they:
- Easy to remember?
- Descriptive of what their unique offering is?
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 page comprising images and name of the platform (PDF, please use the template).
The best ideas are ones that achieve the perfect balance of uniqueness, memorability, and creativity; ideas that bring about instinctive understanding of what the platform is about and how it works.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English only.
- Use this template for your submission. Your entry must include a visual of your idea and a name for the platform.
- Please avoid the following names as they have been explored and are not suitable:
- The maximum number of entries allowed to be uploaded per participant is: 2
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.