Welcome two new members in the Ariel Family and make them look good and united!
This contest has been extended until July 3rd, at 23h59 UTC.
As some of you pointed out, the assets of the toolkit have also been replaced and are now ready to use.
We look forward to receiving your amazing designs!
This is the last contest of our May-June 2016 Ariel series. This one is a bit different as it’s about label design. Enjoy!
Ariel is THE premium detergent brand that provides a superior cleaning. All over the world, women and men who do laundry trust it as the most efficient brand to remove stains and make clothes perfectly clean.
Ariel knows and understands consumers, and they recently created two new products (or “variants”) that truly answer people’s needs.
Need 1: I like my clothes to smell fresh but the good smell never lasts long. The smells of the street, transport, work or food soon make the scent go away. I only feel fresh the very first hour that I wear my clean clothes. I’d love to have a detergent that cleans perfectly and bring a stronger freshness that last longer. To answer this frustration, Ariel has created Ariel & Freshness.
Need 2: I know powerful cleaning is mandatory to remove stains, but I think that powerful detergents are aggressive to my sensitive skin. I’d love to have a detergent that cleans perfectly and is gentle to my skin. To answer this frustration, Ariel has created Ariel Sensitive Skin.
These two new products are part of the Ariel Family. The brand wants to make all of them look coherent and is calling on all graphic designers to help it craft an impactful and well united look for the Ariel Family.
Create premium label designs for the two new Ariel variants: Ariel & Freshness and Ariel Sensitive Skin, as well as names to integrate them into the Ariel family and make the whole range look similar and united.
Here is what we need you to do:
- Create a label design and a name for Ariel & Freshness
- Create a label design and a name for Ariel Sensitive Skin
- Invent a name for the range: what should the collection of Ariel & Freshness and Ariel Sensitive Skin be called?
- Explain your creative idea.
What matters is that your graphic designs are in line with Ariel’s brand identity, which is all about superior cleaning performance, premium, innovation and trust.
Your graphic designs should both communicate the superior cleaning performance and:
- For Ariel & Freshness, freshness, a good smell, long lasting scent;
- For Ariel Sensitive Skin: gentle to skin, protection for delicate skin, hypoallergenic. For this one, we ask you not to use any ideas around babies. It is too restrictive and not novel enough.
When someone goes to the detergent shelf, the whole Ariel family should be seen as very united and coherent. The visual cues you use should be linked to one another or at least, work well together.
What you can’t change: the shape of the bottle, the Ariel logo (color and font) and the “atom” (green star in the picture just below), label size and position.
The rays coming out of the atom should be kept but you can play with their shapes, numbers, textures, thickness and colors to differentiate the variants.
You can add graphic elements to the label as well.
Please use the template to create your entry. We’re providing a flat layout of the ARIEL label and a bottle visual.
You have to create label proposals for the 2 variants and show them alongside the current ARIEL label.
We ask you to answer these specific questions on page 4 of your entry:
- What makes the 3 products clearly look like the same family?
- How do you communicate the fact that the 2 new variants bring to life their superior cleaning, and for first one, the freshness, and for the second one, sensitive skin?
- What are the codes you are using to express the premium quality?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Be creative with the names and the labels, without going too far. Remember, Ariel is a trusted brand that is serious.
A good name for the range could be: “Ariel +” and Variant 1 could be called: “Ariel + Fresh” – the label would show flowers known for their great and lasting smell, and the rays would also be redesigned with their colors. Variant 2 could be called “Ariel + Soft” and the label would have feathers, and the rays will convey a feeling of softness through a soft color and texture.
This is just to show you what’s required from you. Of course, we’re expecting better ideas than these. ;)
A bad idea for this contest would be a fully orange label to express Freshness and a black and white label for Sensitive Skin. It does not make any sense and it’s not related to Ariel.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation of 4 pages, using the template.
The key criteria for winning is the coherence between the three products (Classic Ariel and the two variants) and the concepts behind your expression of the 2 new variants.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please download the template and logo from the toolkit.
- Remember you MUST use the template provided.
- Entries should be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.