Wow us with your new mash-up pizza idea!
When it comes to spending a good moment with your family or your friends, the food that immediately comes to mind is pizza. Indeed, pizza is simple and tasty food that instantly creates a great moment.
Pizza Hut is the no.1 pizza chain in most countries, operating in delivery and dine-in modes. Pizza Hut is well known for its innovation – being the first to introduce products such as Stuffed Crust Pizza and Cheesy Bites. It is also known for the quality of its pizza- because it uses the best quality of cheese that is also so yummy, and great tasting tomato sauce.
Young adults love to try new pizza recipes. They want to shake up their routine and explore new tastes. Yet, they don’t want to waste their time with that are not good… so, it’s sometimes a bit risky to try new flavors.
Pizza Hut is facing numerous competitors, and pizza lovers now have a lot of options when they want a pizza. The brand wants to remain people’s favorites pizza.
To do so, inventing new pizzas of very high quality, that are contemporary and out-of-the-box is their priority.
There is a massive trend that has been hitting the food category for some years now - hybrid foods that combine two types of food to make an exciting and tasty new food. Examples of hybrid food are Cronut (mash-up of a donut cum croissant), Waffle taco, Ramen burger or Hot Dog pizza.
Pizza Hut would like to create a new, top quality mash-up pizza that is contemporary, fresh and amazingly good thanks to excellent ingredients of natural origin.
Invent a new mash-up pizza concept that is made of quality sourced and fresh ingredients to make great shareable moments and delight pizza lovers.
Pizza Hut is interested to see your interpretation of “mash-up” pizza. It is a type of pizza that combines either:
- two types of food, such as the Tacos Pizza, Mac N Cheese Pizza, Pizza pie, etc.
- or a brand combination, like Tabasco Pizza and Jamie Oliver’s pizzas.
Your mash-up pizza must be made of ingredients of good quality- it can be ingredients that are very fresh or that are sourced in specific places (New-Zealand cheese, Italian Tomato sauce, etc.)
Your product idea should be one that really entices people to try it out. It’s perceived as a “safe discovery”, it’s new and surprising but at the same time it’s not too risky. People know the taste will be good and their kids or friends will like it. They know they’re not wasting their money.
It’s not too weird and not too extreme. And many people would like it, not just a few.
Your pizza should have quality ingredients and still be called a pizza even though it’s a mash-up.
It must be a savory pizza (no dessert pizza) and have cheese in it.
Create a pizza, give it a name, describe the product in details (ingredients, shape, flavors, experience, etc) and tell us why you think young adults will want to try it.
Use the template to create your entry.
Also please tell us why you think people will like it. And make sure it’s new!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Ideas that have been considered in the past are: Hot dog pizza, Tabasco pizza, Mac n Cheese pizza, Pizza Pie, Breakfast pizza, Coca Cola/Pepsi Cola pork pizza, Jamie Oliver’s Pizza range, Lasagna pizza, flatbread pizza, Lay’s Pizza, Taco Pizza.
A bad idea for this contest would be a sushi pizza with wasabi and crab. That would be too expensive to develop and buy, and it’s too “niche” (i.e. only a few people would like it)
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Use the template: 1 page made of images image and text (PDF only)
The best idea will be one which is new and original but remains accessible for people. It should be a mash-up that many people want to try, not something that is too weird. The fact that your pizza is made of ingredients of good quality is prerequisite.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please use the template provided in the toolkit.
- Make sure your pizza is affordable to a mainstream audience. The ingredients should not be too costly (no black truffle, caviar, etc)
- Having locally sourced ingredients or fresh ingredients is a mandatory requirement.
- Combining two ingredients as toppings (peach and chicken) is not a mash-up and will not work as a good concept.
- Entries should be in English.
- The maximum number of entries allowed to be uploaded per participant is: 3
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.