How can simple interior decorative changes make big impact?
People enjoy making simple decorative changes to the different spaces in their homes because they want to highlight key areas or improve areas that look out-dated.
They want to refresh and update the look and feel by making simple interior changes or simple adjustments to the space which have a big impact.
There are four reasons why people want to make changes:
- ENJOY TEMPORARY CHANGES: They want to refresh and highlight key areas or improve areas that look out-dated, and they enjoy making these simple changes;
- PERSONALIZE: They want to create a unique and personal style that makes them feel good;
- REFLECT LIFE CHANGES: Evolving and changing preferences of family members or because the family itself evolves (baby, kids leaving the home, etc.);
- REJUVENATE: Refresh spaces or surfaces that look outdated or boring.
People currently make these changes using wall paper, stencils and murals, furniture, lighting and paint, of course.
In reality, people often postpone making these changes because the change is too permanent, and it takes considerable effort and money.
This is also the reason why paint is not always the preferred solution, and not the one that comes naturally to their minds when they want to make a simple interior decorative change that has big impact.
The Dulux Flourish brand's ambition is to bring color to people’s lives by helping them to make simple interior decorative changes. The brand is looking for new paint solutions that address people’s needs and solve their barriers.
Instead of using wallpaper, soft furnishing like pillows, people will enjoy your paint idea to make simple decorative changes in their homes.
Invent new painting products to help people make simple interior decorative changes that have big impact.
Think about how paint could be reinvented through new offerings and solutions in order to help people who want to make simple interior decorative changes with a big impact.
Think about their needs: PERSONALIZE, ENJOY TEMPORARY CHANGES, REFLECT LIFE CHANGES, REJUVENATE and find solutions to help them achieve these objectives.
Additionally, solve the barriers presented of paint by:
- Being flexible and easy to adjust;
- Taking less effort to keep up to date or reflect on-going changing demands of family members;
- Refreshing and uplifting the look of surfaces that are old/have existed for while;
- Matching the existing decor and creating a consistent look in your home.
You’re free to pick one area or mix several. But do not try to incorporate too many ideas and features into one entry.
Your innovation can address one of the areas listed below (it does not have to address them all and it’s actually better if you focus on one idea):
- The product: composition of the pain and underlying technology
- The packaging
- The application method
- Any other area related to elements of the product experience you think is interesting to explore
Think out-of-the-box and amaze us! Paint is a product that hasn’t innovated a lot in past years. It needs your genius creativity to be revolutionized.
Your entry should be a presentation made up of visuals and text.
Clearly describe what the product is about, and how it helps to realize and make simple interior decorative changes that have a big impact. Even small and simple changes will result in big ideas without too much effort. Please answer these questions:
- What makes this idea unique? What is special about the paint?
- What problem or frustration does it solve?
- How much of the room might they paint? For which areas?
- What will this product replace (e.g. – using a cushion)?
Do not try to incorporate too many ideas and features into one entry, but keep it simple and straightforward. Product innovations can be combined but make sure they make sense together.
Please avoid ideas about communication (advertising, communication claims, website layout) or promotion (in-store merchandise materials, point of sale materials and displays).
Please avoid ideas that are based on apps, such as one that helps you find your matching color. There are already millions of decorating apps that exist.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Below are listed some ideas that already exist.
Each of them is based on one of the 4 areas.
- ENJOY TEMPORARY CHANGES
REFLECT LIFE CHANGES
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Presentation made up of two pages. 1 page visuals, 1 page description. (PDF)
We want to see out-of-the-box ideas that will delight consumers with a truly unique Dulux Flourish experience right from the very start. Ideas that offer solutions to the needs people have (PERSONALIZE, ENJOY TEMPORARY CHANGES, REFLECT LIFE CHANGES, REJUVENATE) have better chance to feel right to our client Dulux.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English.
- Clear description and narrative so we understand what product or service is about and how it works.
- Visualize the idea so that it helps us to understand what it is about, especially explaining how to use the paint, how to apply the paint, etc.
- No apps.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.