Enhance your tables for the holiday season with a new festive design for La Motte Président.
For the holiday season, the French get together with their family and share holiday meals. Opportunities to gather together continue until January, as each person wishes to extend these moments of joy with family and friends.
For these holiday lunches or dinners, it's important to set a beautiful table and offer quality products to make sure the meal will be a success. Seafood, smoked salmon and raw vegetables are very popular and are eaten together with a little butter. Butter is a cornerstone of French gastronomy. Everyone loves it, and it's often on the table throughout the meal.
Président is a brand that has accompanied the French for 50 years, offering cheeses, creams and butters with a unique flavour because "true happiness is hidden in small, everyday pleasures". For all the French, Président is synonymous with quality and pleasure, thanks to the natural, delicious products it offers.
Président knows the habits and needs of the French and has created a butter presented in a very attractive bell that can take centre stage on pretty holiday tables.
This "la Motte" butter, mainly sold in the months of November and December, is very well-liked by hosts who want to offer the best to their guests. That's why Président offers a limited edition of la Motte, la Motte Festive, at the end of each year.
President is looking for new ideas to decorate la Motte's bell-shaped packaging for the holidays.
Create new graphics to decorate la Motte Festive's packaging, evoking the holidays, gourmet butter and the Président brand.
Your design ideas will serve as inspiration for the limited editions of la Motte Festive, sold at the end of the year.
La Motte is the only butter brand with this bell-shaped packaging. You cannot change it's shape.
We ask you to propose a design for unsalted butter. You need to decorate the rectangular label, the round label on the top (blank templates are provided) and choose the colour of the bell, to go with your design.
For the colours of the bells and the base of the bells, you can choose:
- Bell: cream, gold or semi-transparent
- Base: gold or red.
The Président brand is firmly established in the minds of consumers. There are a number of things that can be done, and others that should not be done. We recommend you respect the creative constraints if you want your design to be accepted.
|A warm and festive environment. Your graphics should evoke the holidays, joy, friendliness.||A very cold environment.|
|World of gastronomy, love of good food and butter. It's a gourmet butter, associated with the pleasure of meals.||Santas, small gifts, sleighs should not be included. They have no connection with the world of gastronomy.|
|A maximum of eight colours in your labels.||Photos in the designs.|
|Respect Président's brand identity and spirit: “Let's take life the delightful way.”||Anything too graphic. Very modern, "trendy" illustrations would not be appropriate.|
|Feature the Président logo.||Change the Président logo.|
|Include the brand name: La Motte||Change the "La Motte" typeface|
Because la Motte is a butter associated with pleasure and conviviality, we would like to receive designs that have spirit, that make us smile because they wink mischievously at the consumer.
Your designs are not required to contain this, but its a direction that we propose to you.
With your designs, please supply a short, explanatory paragraph.
You are designing the unsalted butter version, which is in red tones. There is also the butter "with salt crystals", which is mostly blue and the "salted" butter, which is green. It is important that you keep in mind that your design will be adapted for several versions.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
La Motte festive often used little stars in recent years. It's a graphic code that worked well but needs to be modernised.
La Motte opens with a ¼ turn to the right and closes with a ¼ turn to the left.
A design that "reads" all along the label could be an interesting avenue to explore.
A design that tells a story would also be a good idea.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Page 1: design to be done using the template, available in the toolkit. Explanations on page 2.
Your design must respect the constraints of the brief to the letter. The best designs are those that can be easily associated with the Président brand of butter while evoking the holidays. Surprise us while being faithful to the spirit of the brand.
The winners will have to provide a high definition version of their work. Please do keep your working files until the results are announced.
Guidelines for this contest
- See what Président la Motte butter looks like in the latest television advert.
- Use the template provided in the toolkit, integrate the Président logo and the brand name.
- Insert the Président logo, the rectangular La Motte label and the round label in your proposal.
- Proposed designs should convey the idea of "holidays", evoke the butter and gastronomy and be consistent with the Président brand.
- Keep the constraints in mind: no photo in the designs, maximum of eight colours for the label, choice of three colours for the bell: cream, gold or semi-transparent; two colours for the base: gold or red, adaptable design.
Ideas can be submitted in French and English.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.