Have a good time with Lay’s during the UEFA Champions League!
Great news - this contest has been extended till June 7th. You now have two more days to submit your creative idea about fun times together with your friends, Lay’s and football!
Show us how you can make this time exciting for everyone!
The UEFA Champions League (UCL) is one of the most prestigious football tournaments in the world. Each year, people around the world enjoy watching the matches. It is not just for hardcore football fans. Sure we see the fanatics rooting for their favorite teams and never missing one single match, but it is also a great excuse for those who just want to grab a beer and some snacks, in front of a screen or at the match, and enjoy some fun time with friends and family. Especially when the UCL happens in the middle of the week, it becomes the perfect escape from daily routine, an oasis in an ordinary week.
Lay’s, the potato chips brand loved by many, is known by different names in different countries. But you definitely recognize their potato chips!
As the official sponsor of UEFA, Lay’s wants its chips to accompany people watching the championship and having quintessential fun times together. Its crisps range is full of flavors that are the perfect choice for these moments. Sharing them before a game signifies the transition from a dull day to fun times. Lay’s would like to enhance this anticipation and excitement for the game.
Lay’s would like to make the sponsorship visible and tangible to as many people as possible – and not only football fans. Can you help?
In a presentation with visuals and text, imagine how Lay’s can leverage the UEFA sponsorship and make it exciting for everyone.
Around the upcoming UEFA season, Lay’s would like to get your ideas to develop great things. Get creative and think big! Think about how people bond during football match time. They talk about the match days before, think about what to eat/drink, gather either at the match or in front of the TV, share some snacks and drinks, cheer together and talk about the game. It’s more than scores and results. They enjoy the game because they are together and it’s a great break in the middle of a hectic week.
What can Lay’s do to make UEFA exciting for everybody? When people see your idea, they’ll think “UEFA is fun and Lay’s makes it even more fun! I want to watch the game with my friends/family next time and I would definitely buy some Lay’s”. Your idea needs to hook their attention and start to build up the anticipation in the run up to the game.
Your idea can be in real life, like events, outdoor campaigns, temporary installations, on pack promotions, packaging, flavor or product innovation (limited edition or permanent). It also can be online through TV, Digital, social medias, mobile. Why not combing online and offline activities?
We’re not focusing on hard-core football fans. We’d like your ideas to engage people who value the social aspect of football, who not only like football but also value spending time with friends and family. Your ideas should be distinctive, meaning only Lay’s would do it.
UEFA must be central to your idea. You can even include celebrities like Lionel Messi who is the current brand ambassador! Please only talk about the competition itself and do NOT talk about any specific team. If you want to develop a new product, please don’t go beyond their current product range – potato crisps. So no beer, no beverages. Think about a new flavor that you crave while watching the game.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea could be: on each pack of Lay’s, a #HaveFunWithLay’s is printed. When people buy it and open it, they can see a serial number inside the pack. Take a picture of enjoying Lay’s with friends during the match and post it on social media along with #HaveFunWithLay’s and the serial number. Lay’s will pick one lucky person to display the posted photo on the screen at the match and send tickets to another match for him and his friends.
Another good idea could be: in the parks around the world, we put up big screens and invite people to come and watch the game together. We also hand out Lay’s chips samples and each time it’s a different flavor.
Bad ideas are the ones that don’t grab people’s attention and the ones that don’t make people want to buy Lay’s before watching the football games.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
PDF with visuals and text (4 pages max)
We’re looking for ideas that leverage the UEFA partnership in a smart way and differentiate Lay’s from competitors. The winning ideas need to be tightly linked to UEFA and also use online/offline methods to engage as many people as possible.
Guidelines for this contest
- We only accept entries in English.
- Please don’t target only football fans. Don’t target children.
- The idea needs to work globally in different markets.
- Lay’s is known as “Walkers” in UK, “Sabritas” in Mexico, “Chipsy” in Egypt and “Smiths” in Australia.
- Lay’s is bright, optimistic, spontaneous and should add enjoyment to every moment.
- In addition to expressing your idea through visuals, please also explain your idea and how it can be implemented.
- You can download the Lay’s and UEFA logo from the toolkit.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.