How can a cup of NESCAFÉ trigger real connections?
As some of you are yet to receive the red mugs they have ordered, we have decided to extend this contest which will now end on June 26th at 23h59 UTC. This gives you 4 extra days to work on your awesome video and show that NESCAFÉ brings people closer together.
Please note that the last round of NESCAFÉ red mugs has been shipped on June 13th. All of you who made requests before the deadline of June 9th should be receiving the mugs shortly.
Last chance to get your NESCAFÉ red mugs
Please note that the NESCAFÉ mugs have changed a lot over the past couple of years!
Therefore, although you might already own some, it is best if you request the latest version prior to shooting your video, by sending an email to email@example.com.
You need to send us your requests by June 9th at 12pm UTC.
After that date, we will not be able to send the mugs anymore as they will not arrive on time for your shooting.
Please note that videos which do not feature the latest version of the NESCAFÉ mug will be automatically rejected!
We live a very busy life in a busy world, where many of us are busy chasing different goals. NESCAFÉ in France believes that real human connections should be central to our life; not the goals, so we should spend time in getting to know each other, discovering or rediscovering one another, bonding and building real connections. Whether it’s among strangers, neighbors, enthusiasts, friends or family, sharing a cup of NESCAFÉ is the starting point of true connections. Just as the tagline says: “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”. The “It” means “Real Connections”.
Here are some recent NESCAFÉ video campaigns that inspire Real Social Connections in various ways: NESCAFÉ Hello Voisins, NESCAFÉ Pop-Up Café, NESCAFÉ Instant Connections, The Hello Experiment NESCAFÉ. Now, NESCAFÉ would like your stories about how how it inspires true connections between people, to bring to life their tagline “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”.
Create a playful and surprising video that shows people creating real social connections, inspired by a cup of NESCAFÉ.
NESCAFÉ is interested in exploring all kinds of social connections between two or more people that have the power to create an emotional bond. It can be about getting to know the story of a stranger, reconnecting with an old friend, or two neighbors chatting over a cup of coffee. The connection can be the starting point to something big or small, it could change one’s day, or one’s life, but it must be real, fresh and believable.
It can be a “normal” scripted video with actors who play their part, or it can be improvised, like a social experiment. Put the fun, surprise and joy into it. You could also add an unexpected twist to the plot. We’d like to engage our young consumers (aged 18 - 25) on social media, so you need to make sure your video resonates with them, makes them stop whatever they are doing to watch and share with their friends. You can visit the official French NESCAFÉ Facebook Fan Page, YouTube channel and Twitter account.
Stories and styles of execution are up to you, although we would like to receive very good quality videos. Be creative and respectful of the NESCAFÉ image: –simple and optimistic. Animations are also welcome.
NESCAFÉ must be the hero of your video as it triggers these connections. It’s mandatory to feature the New NESCAFÉ Red Mug with coffee. The coffee should look nice and delightful, with an appetizing foam and a sense of that wonderful coffee aroma filling the air.
If you don’t have a New NESCAFÉ red mug (as pictured in the toolkit), send us an e-mail, let us know you are interested in taking part and we will make sure you get what you need to shoot your great video. Your request should be sent to us no later than June 16th, 2016 by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your first name, last name, postal address, country, name of the contest, numbers of mugs you need and why.
There are three brand assets that you can use in your video (you can download them from the toolkit). You are free to “play” with them, although you must not distort their shapes and colors. And you don’t have to use all of them. Only the NESCAFÉ Red Mug is mandatory.
- The NESCAFÉ Red Mug: the timeless brand icon
- The NESCAFÉ Accent: It symbolizes a spark of inspiration.
- The NESCAFÉ Hub: it’s an aerial view of a mug of coffee, and a shape that symbolizes human connections and bonding moments.
Adding touches of red to your video can also help make it stand out and feel relevant to NESCAFÉ.
There is an official piece of music that you can use in your video. Please see the instructions in the guidelines.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea could be that a man moves into a new apartment and he hasn’t spoken to the couple living next door yet. In the morning, he always brings a cup of coffee outside onto the balcony and enjoys it in the sunshine, but every time the couple comes out onto the balcony next to his, he feels shy and goes back inside. One morning, he drinks a cup of NESCAFÉ on the balcony and sees the couple drinking coffee from the same red mugs. He finally raises the cup and nods to them. The couple smiled at him and they started talking and enjoying the morning together.
Another good idea could be something happening in a park in a sunny day. There are people sitting alone at either end of a bench. They are either looking at their phones or reading a book. They look at each other, but no one says a word. It’s a quiet, dreadful and boring afternoon. Then, a group of young people put two cups of NESCAFÉ on the middle of the bench. The two people take the coffee and look at each other then start talking.
A bad idea is the one that doesn’t show the bonding between people or doesn’t feature NESCAFÉ as the trigger. Anything too slow or boring would be a bad entry too.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation (up to 45 seconds max.)
We are looking for creative, original and unique videos of good quality to capture an emotion and some fun that resonates with the target audience (French Millennials). The winning videos need to be engaging, entertaining and hook in the viewers on social media.
Guidelines for this contest
- For this contest, we’d like the videos to be in French or without dialogue.
- For mobile viewing & sharing, it’s best that videos also be understandable without sound.
- Please download the logo, the music and the assets from the toolkit.
- Please add to your video the end-frame with the tagline “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”, provided in the toolkit.
- The red NESCAFÉ codes are Pantone 485C. CMYK: C0, M100, Y100, K0. RGB : R225, G38, B28.
- Your video must be one that people would want to share with their friends.
- NESCAFÉ stands for simplicity, creativity, social interactions, optimism and surprise.
- Videos should be HD, at least 720p.
- The maximum length is 45 seconds including the end-frame.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.