Take women on a sensorial journey with Downy Sensitive!
Thsi contest deadline has been extended till Tuesday, June 14, 2016 23:59 UTC. You now have two more days to create your entries and win up to €2700!
Being a sophisticated modern woman takes a lot of effort. Women manage to juggle between professional world and personal world everyday because they are strong, confident and powerful. They make decisions for themselves and they want what’s the best for them. They have been using Downy fabric softener because they’ve always enjoyed not only the softness but especially the long lasting freshness that Downy offers.
Downy, the fabric softener brand well-known for its special long-lasting aroma, is launching a new product - Downy Sensitive - across Latin America. Just like the other Downy fabric softeners, Downy Sensitive gives long lasting freshness to your clothes… But now it brings something more, with the “Sensitive” benefit.
What is Sensitive? It can be a lot of things: hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested, for special or sensitive/delicate skin, softness, etc.
Can you help Downy to find a way to communicate “Sensitive” to modern women in Latin America?
Through a powerful and impactful poster, convince modern women that Downy Sensitive is the best choice to “take care of” their skin/to be “safe for” their skin and have long-lasting freshness for their clothes.
Most of the time, products for sensitive skin avoid having any perfume, but thanks to Downy Sensitive, people can now enjoy the freshness without worrying about their skin. Your poster needs to bring to life these two product benefits.
When we talk about sensitive products, we tend to think about how this product could be used for babies. But here, we want to stay away from ideas related to babies. Please think about how to talk to modern women (30-45 years' old) who make purchasing decisions for themselves instead of for kids or babies.
The challenge is to show these two benefits of the product in a poster with a tagline:
- Long-lasting freshness: the aroma of Downy Sensitive lasts from day to night. How does it make women feel?
- Sensitive: What does it mean for her? How does she feel?
We know that this is not easy and it’s exactly why we need you. Explore the two benefits in a disruptive, innovative and Downy way (long-lasting aroma). The SENSITIVE benefit can be explored in many ways, such as: hypoallergenic, dermatologic tested, even for special or sensitive/delicate skin, softness, etc. and whatever creative routes come to your mind! You can choose and illustrate what this might be for the women in Latin America!
There are no limits and the more creative, the better! Just don´t forget that your ideas should be simple and easy to understand. Be creative! After seeing your poster, the women should think: “Downy Sensitive not only freshens my whole day but, now, also takes care of my skin. I need to try it!”
Please provide a short text that explains your idea, articulating why your idea appeals to women and how it could express both sensitivity and long lasting freshness.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea could be a woman beautifully dressed ready to go into in a fancy restaurant for dinner. Parts of her beautiful light cashmere sweater turn into feathers and flower petals. The woman is gently caressing her shoulder under her top with a sense of delight. The tagline says: “Until the night, feeling the touch, loving the scent” DOWNY SENSITIVE.
A good idea could be a woman entering her home early in the evening, back from a long trip from Paris- Mexico (her suitcase still has the airline tag…). She is wearing comfortable yet elegant clothes and looks at herself in the mirror of the entrance hall. She should be exhausted…but in the mirror, she is smiling: the frame and the mirror surround her image with flowers lightly blown by a breeze: cherry flowers, cotton flowers, and dandelion filaments, giving a sense of freshness and softness. We can also see the Eiffel Tower in the morning light of Paris…She is gently touching her neck under her shirt. The tagline says: “12 hours: fresh and safe”. DOWNY SENSITIVE
A bad idea could be a visual of laundry hanging under the sun and flowers surround them. It’s a bad idea because it doesn’t show the long-lasting freshness and sensitive skincare. And it doesn’t speak to the target audience.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €700
- #3 Prize €500
Poster, Tagline and description (2 pages max).
We are looking for ideas that bring to life the two benefits of Downy Sensitive with a powerful message. It needs to emotionally engage women in a simple and intuitive way.
We are looking for new ways to express the “sensitive” benefit.
Guidelines for this contest
- We only accept entries in English.
- Your design can include Downy logo and Downy bottle. Download them in the toolkit. Please note that the bottle design is not yet finalized by the client, so do not build your poster based on it.
- Please visually express the two benefits of Downy Sensitive.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.