Bring the “Ariel Extreme Challenge” to life through a creative video!
Ariel Detergent, a leading global P&G brand providing superior cleaning, has been working with a successful creative advertising concept called “unfair conditions”. It showcases a side by side comparison to prove that Ariel is more powerful than other detergents. The “unfair conditions” idea is simple: Ariel will clean a shirt better than any other brand, even if the shirt cleaned with Ariel is much dirtier and with less detergent (as it is concentrated)! It shows that even under “unfair -or extreme- conditions”, Ariel cleans better than the other brands. You can watch some existing TVC here: TVC 1 and TVC 2.
The challenge is: how to bring this challenge one step further and make it attractive and “likeable” in the digital word.
Ariel would like to create a new challenge always showcasing extreme conditions, but without a comparison to another brand. We are looking for new ways to show the superior performance with less of an “advertising” and more of an engaging feeling to bring the Ariel CHALLENGE to life in the digital world.
As mentioned, this content will exist on digital platforms, especially as Youtube pre-rolls, so it should be fast and introduce the product at an early stage.
Create a surprising and authentic video that shows that Ariel always wins in the battle for clean, without a comparison to another brand.
We are expecting videos or animations with real life and authentic feelings. We don’t want the videos to look like a TV commercial. The videos will be used as inspiration for digital content and they require thinking outside the box. Try to remember the last time you got your shirt or dress very dirty in a funny, awkward situation. Try to think of how you could even overplay this. How would you imagine a laundry extreme, exaggerated challenge in a real life or hilarious situation? Can you come up with a story that grabs the viewers’ attention immediately and makes them want to share it with their friends? After watching, the viewers should think:” That’s the first time ever I’ve seen a detergent brand speaking to me like this!”
The quality of the video doesn’t really matter and animation is fine as well. The best ideas will be picked to be used or reproduced by famous YouTubers! Therefore, you must think about an idea that has the potential to go viral and possibly be available as a mini-series. But most importantly, as long as you have a fun and original idea, grab your camera and shoot it!
We are expecting entertaining videos with real life feelings. It needs to feel natural, something that could be done with some friends, even if it is an overplayed or extreme fun situation.
There are no restrictions, beyond the fact it should be real. However, you can play with it as much as you want to make it funny, exaggerated, hilarious, metaphorical, and above all, extreme.
Your character(s) can either be a man or woman, or a group of people.
The Ariel brand needs to be shown in your video. If Ariel is not available in your region, you can download the pack shot in our toolkit and use it.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example could be a video showing a guy, Manolo, being told that ARIEL will remove any ice cream stains. Manolo wants to demonstrate it is not true and accepts the challenge….He goes to the nearby store and buys many different types of ice creams. Strawberry, Chocolate, Dulce de Leche, Vanilla etc… Back home he literally gets into his bathtub filled with the ice creams all mixed with his clothes on and “washes” himself with them! What a mess!!! He then cleans his clothes with Ariel. For sure, his clothes are spoiled!!...But he looks at the result with disbelief: his clothes come out like brand new!!
Also check the TIDE Challenges good examples in the links below:
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation - 45 seconds max.
We are looking for engaging and impactful video content that no detergent brand has shown so far, with stories that are more personal, authentic and entertaining. Therefore, one important criteria is the ability of the idea to catch your attention through humor, disruption, or novelty. The other important criteria is that extreme conditions are depicted.
Guidelines for this contest
- We only accept entries in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Don’t overpromise with the results of Ariel (type of stains can be ice cream, dirt, paint, food, wine, etc.)
- Do not present the product in situations that could lead to unsafe exposure (contact with eyes, skin or ingestion).
- Please don’t use any inappropriate content/language. Do not show cigarettes, children under the age of 7 years old, alcohol, sex or drugs in the video.
- Your video should not exceed 45 seconds
- Download the assets in the toolkit.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.