Imagine the pots and pans that will improve your everyday cooking journey.
It gives great joy to cook meals for our loved ones, but it’s not always easy. What matters the most to people who cook is to make delicious meals. Then when it comes to preparing the meals, the cookware becomes important. It has to help you achieve the perfect taste, texture and coloration of the ingredients you choose.
You are worried about processed food and its negative impact on you and your family’s health. You’re very careful to choose fresh and natural products for you and your family, but you don’t want the cooking process to destroy the nutritious benefits of the good products you choose. Also, you buy natural and fresh products but you don’t want them to lose their taste or get mixed with other flavors. On top of this, what matters is to free our minds and reassure you that you’ll achieve great results, in order to find pleasure in cooking.
Cooking is a flow, from the preparation of your ingredients and the cooking process to enjoying your delicious and healthy meals. You want this process to be as fluid as possible, the total culinary experience needs to be pleasant for you.
Tefal is the worldwide leading brand for cookware. Everything started with a single idea: the non-stick pan. It was a revolutionary product that made cooking simpler and attractive. For decades, Tefal’s mission has been to give consumers the opportunity through its products and services to enjoy tasty, diversified and healthy cooking.
All throughout the years, Tefal has offered a range of innovative solutions and is now present in more than 120 countries.
Because Tefal always strives to meet people’s needs, it wants to create the cookware of the future – cookware that guides consumers to make tasty and healthy meals that nobody can live without.
Are you inspired to help? Do you see how Tefal could improve the cooking experience with revolutionary pots and pans?
To improve the cooking experience and help people prepare delicious and/or healthy meals, invent a cookware product and the services that would go along with it.
By cookware we mean: pans, pots, lids and associated cooking accessories.
Your product idea should not be just a pan or a pot but a product that has useful services or additional features.
Your product idea should be something that is simple, easy and convenient.
The idea is to make the whole cooking experience better. The experience starts with someone looking for inspiration, buying the products, preparing the meals and enjoying them.
All these steps are potential areas for innovation.
Imagine the cooking flow. And look at the need and the frustrations you have when you cook. What functionalities should be added to pots and pans to make this flow easier?
Keep in mind a few constraints:
- The product has to be useful and relevant for consumers;
- It has to help people cook delicious and healthy dishes;
- It is not an electronic machine. Nothing needs to be powered;
- It should be for simple daily cooking needs;
- It’s for everyone: no need to master a lot of cooking skills to use it!
- It’s something people will love!
Please create a short presentation with your product idea, visually illustrated and add some text to explain your idea.
Please answer these questions:
- How does your product idea enable people to make delicious and healthy meals?
- At what step(s) of the cooking flow will it be especially useful?
- What frustration or need does your idea answer to?
- Describe the flow: when people learn about it, buy it, use it.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Here you can see an example of how a simple pan can help get tasty and healthy meals. But you can also find new original features that will guarantee benefits on delicious and healthy cooking.
Think about how the product can interact with the kitchen environment, the ingredients and with the cook. Maybe it communicates with the stove to increase or reduce the temperature in order to preserve the vegetables nutrients?
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation of 4 pages max with visuals and text.
The best ideas will be those that answer the need people have for healthier and tastier dishes. The jury will favor out-of-the-box ideas and those that really change the game because they meet a need.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or French;
- No electronic devices;
- Keep in mind we’re looking for ideas for daily meal preparation;
- Your product idea needs to enable people to make delicious and healthy meals;
- Visit Tefal’s website for inspiration!
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.