Choose the perfect fit sanitary pad for a leak-free period!
We all know that clothes and shoes have sizes and we choose those that are the most comfortable. However, when it comes to sanitary pads, women have trouble choosing the right fit.
When Lara was 15, she started with a regular pad. It worked well for her. A few years have gone by, and with all the changes happening in her life she has gained some weight, but is still using regular pads. During her period, she leaks regularly although she does everything she can to avoid it. She changes pads very frequently, shift the pads to get the right coverage or even uses two pads at the same time, but she still gets stains on her underwear. Lara thought about trading up to a longer pad but she is afraid that it might be thicker, uncomfortable or so long that it comes out of her underwear. She feels frustrated and has started to think that it’s normal to have a leakage problem.
Always, one of the leading brands for menstruation pads, wants to solve this problem for curvy women by encouraging them to choose a longer and reliable pad in order to have leak-free, protected periods. It’s a pad that women can stick on and forget, without worrying about leaking at all.
Now, Always needs your help to communicate this in a smart and powerful way.
Create a powerful poster that encourages curvy women to choose the longer pad, in order to enjoy leak-free periods.
The visual needs to be positive, convincing and easy to understand. It can be a metaphor or an analogy. Instead of a technical explanation of the product, you can think about how to emotionally engage women using an intuitive visual. It makes them think: “Wow! periods can be leak-free! I should try a longer pad that fits me. It will give me the right coverage and protect me from stains and worry.”
Women who shy away from using a longer pad worry that it could be uncomfortable, too thick or even visible. While Always Ultra Thin pads help women to avoid all of these problems, your poster should reassure them that longer pads are still thin, comfortable and discreet, without falling into a pure product demo. Comparisons between regular pads and longer pads in a “flat” context are not appealing. Comparisons that show how the longer pad is still thin, comfortable, and discreet vs. the regular pad are very well received.
We are expecting posters that bring to life the benefit of getting the right size, hence the perfect protection, in an original and smart way.
The idea should not stigmatize overweight women. They want and deserve a normal leak-free period, just like when they were 15 years old. To appeal to them, you probably need to be a bit pedagogical and emotional.
Your poster will be used to inspire a new campaign and point of sales ideas. Most women don't like "getting caught" spending too much time in the sanitary pads aisle so keep it simple, intuitive and creative!
We’re expecting a poster including a key visual and a tagline. You need to explain your visual and your idea in a short description.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea could be a poster that shows a curvy women lying on a big white sofa comfortably while next to her there is another woman sitting on a small white sofa with an awkward look on her face. The tagline is “Feel the comfort for a good day.”
Another good idea shows a poster split in two: first image shows a very big tea pot close to a very tiny mug. Next image shows the same big tea pot with a big mug. They fit well together. The tagline says: “Women will always need to have the right fit. Pick your perfect size with Always”.
A bad idea could be a poster that shows a girl confidently walking on the street in a white dress and besides her there is an invisible guardian angel flying in the sky, protecting her secretly. It is a bad entry because it doesn’t show that this is the outcome of choosing the right pad.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
A two pages PDF including a poster, a tagline and description.
We are looking for posters conveying a strong message that makes the consumers reconsider their choices immediately. The winning entry should be uncomplicated, creative and inspirational.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Always is a brand dedicated to all women. It believes that women are incredible. They have unlimited potential. They’re strong, wonderful and fabulous and can do anything they put their minds to. And Always is their biggest cheerleader!
- You can go to the Always website to check out their products.
- You do not need to feature any Always product in your visual. Focus on creating the emotional attachment with consumers.
- You can download the logo in the toolkit here.
- Your entry should include a visual, a tagline and a paragraph of text explaining your idea.
- Please don’t use any inappropriate content/language.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.