Make the Nissan Qashqai experience even nicer with essential accessories.
Who does not know about Qashqai? This car is the success story of Nissan! Qashqai is a car people love whether they are in warm or cold regions, living with kids or by themselves, using it for professional or personal reasons.
Nissan produced the first crossover 10 years ago: the Qashqai and since then it’s always been one of the most successful vehicles in the crossover category (also referred to as SUVs).
Do you know what people do when they have a car? Well they like to enhance it and improve it, in a word they like to add accessories to it.
The accessories business is one of continuous renewal and innovation. Indeed, successful accessories, such as rear parking sensors, air conditioning or chrome inserts, tend to become vehicle production options.
Nissan wants to please Qashqai drivers and bring the accessories to the next level. In 2020, the Qashqai will be renewed and with this renewal, the manufacturer would like to offer new kinds of accessories. So… what do you think Nissan could offer to people who have a Qashqai, to make the most of their beloved car?
Find ideas for accessories to be used in the Qashqai to solve issues or needs people have.
The ideas that you submit will help Nissan develop useful accessories for the Qashqai in 2020. They have to be things that will become essential, not gimmicks.
Because the Qashqai appeals to a variety of consumers, we know there are potentially plenty of needs that consumers have that are not answered.
To inspire you, here‘s a list of consumers’ lifestyles and needs that could be supported by accessories:
- Because I work, I need accessories that help me to manage my professional life: easy shoes storage for high heels, a laptop locker under the seat, etc.
- Because I am a parent, I need specific things linked to children: a noise absorber, an additional mirror to check a rear-facing baby seat, extra storage, etc.
- Because I have passions, I want my car to be convenient and allow me enjoy my leisure: convenient bike holders, a cool box, etc.
- Because I live with style, I want my car to reflect who I am: changing the car look and personalizing it with shark antenna, seat covers and floor mats, etc.
- Because I don’t want to damage my vehicle, I need accessories that help me make the most of my car: auto-tilt mirror, drowsiness detection, trunk expander, etc.
We are focusing on accessories only. We are not looking for ideas about vehicle component, such as tires or windscreen wipers - these are things you can’t drive without. We are not interested either in merchandising products, like USB sticks or apparel, key rings, etc.
Accessories are things that are added to the car, that change and improve daily life and/or vehicle style. They are things that people can either install themselves or have installed by a professional.
Avoid ideas that are close to fine tuning. Your idea should be something made for regular consumers.
Your idea should be composed of a key visual and the answers to these questions (1 page, split into two parts – use the template)
- What’s your idea?
- What kind of consumer is it designed for?
- What’s the benefit for the consumer? The usage? What’s the underlying need or frustration?
- Is it for now or for 2020?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good answer to the brief: a nice custom leather for the seat. This will personalize the car really well and people will like it because they experience the car from the inside, so it makes sense to change the look of the inside of the car.
Another example is a trunk net to put in the trunk so that things like bottles of water don’t move when the cars moves.
Another solution would be a new design or functionality proposal for a roof box. This allows the customer to expand the carrying potential of the vehicle, improved ease of use - and this new design could be better integrated with the car.
Bad idea: Kind of “Fast & Furious” fine tuning idea, Qashqai smart-phone case, red headlights, an antenna topper (too gimmicky).
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Format: 1 page: visual of illustration and answers to the questions.
The winners will be picked from the ideas that suggest something feasible and that bring something new to the table. You need to think about a frustration or a need and connect your idea to it.
Guidelines for this contest
- Avoid engine tuning.
- No items that could have an impact on safety.
- No merchandising
- No car component or only if they bring something new, like windscreen wiper with small lights to make sure the driver does not fall asleep.
- Please avoid things that are too gimmicky.
- Also, your idea should appeal to a large population, not just surfers for instance.
- Try to think beyond the obvious. Read this document to know what exists already and submit ideas that are original.
- Use the provided template
- Entries should be in English.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.