Invent a revolutionary sun protection product that women will love to wear, every day.
How many of us know deep down that when we are out and about, even if it’s for a short while, the sun’s rays damages our skin? Did you also know that harmful UV rays from the sun are the number 1 cause of premature aging, and that UV rays are present in the shade and indoors as well as in direct sunlight? Click here for some fun facts about UV and sun protection
While skin aging is an evitable part of life, most women desire to look their “ageless” best, no matter what their age. Using sun protection to block skin from harmful UV rays is the best defense against premature aging.
Olay is a leading skincare brand with a rich heritage in keeping facial skin young and “ageless”, no matter what your age. Today, Olay wants to introduce a new facial sun protection product with superior protective benefits that protect your skin against premature aging for that “ageless” look.
Invent a revolutionary, out-of-the-box Olay facial sun protection product that will stand out among competing products, that women will love to use every day.
We are looking for a revolutionary Olay facial sun protection product that will give women superior UV protection yet address the concerns they have with existing products on the market.
Think about what’s currently available on the market; here are some reasons why women don’t use a facial sun protection product:
- It does not allow my skin to breathe as it forms a residue that covers my face and blocks the pores
- Its oily, sticky white residue clogs my pores and is difficult to remove.
- Sun protection products have a very strong, “chemical” smell that I dislike.
- I need to constantly reapply as it doesn’t give me long-lasting protection, and I definitely can’t do that if I have make up on
- I already cleanse, tone and moisturize, do I really have to add another step?
Your product should be something that they can apply on their face. You can also reinvent the process whereby women use this product. We’re looking for your great ideas and they can come in a sketch or a rough drawing as well picture mock-ups. Be creative in your ideas and push the limits on a facial sun protection product!
- Product: What is this new product like? What does it look like, smell like, feel like?
- Packaging: Think about a new design, new size and new shape. How do women apply it? Can your new product ride on the delivery formats of other skincare products?
- Place or occasion: Where would you use it? How does it fit in with women’s existing skincare regime?
How can Olay step up and change the game?
Please answer these two questions in the template provided:
- How does your new idea differ from existing sun protection products in the market?
- How does your idea address the concerns women have against existing sun protection products, and get them to use this new product every day?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: A high SPF UV blocker that blocks UVA and UBV rays. It glides on smoothly and is absorbed into the skin immediately leaving no telltale trace (residue, smell) behind so that make up can be applied immediately. It comes small bursting balls that release the active ingredient when in contact with skin with slight pressure applied. The balls keep the active ingredients fresh and protected at all time. There are two parts to the packaging – a larger main compartment that stores the bursting balls, and embedded in the lid a smaller “on the go” vial that is refillable so you can take extra protection with you for long days out or when travelling.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Poster with a visualization of your idea and answers to the two questions, using the template provided.
We would like you to revolutionize sun protection and create an out-of-the-box Olay facial sun protection product that will stand out from the sea of what exists, that women will love to use every day. Inspire us with your creativity and insights!
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English only.
- Use this template for your submission: Your entry must include a visual of your idea and descriptive text that answers the questions asked.
- While we would like you to be creative, please ensure that you idea is achievable, for example: please do not suggest we use liquid from the moon.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.