How would you help the working population improve their quality of life?
What rating do you give to your quality of life? On a scale from 0 to 10, where do you think you are? And if you’re quite low, do you know why? What are the things you could do to improve it?
Quality of life is made of many things: our physical well-being, the air we breathe, the relationships we have with people, the house or apartment we live in, the balance between leisure and work, the sports we do but also, our commute, the stress we might have to cope with or the meaning behind everything we do.
Quality of life is a set of elements which are more or less important to each one of us. Take nutrition for instance. Some people are very careful about what they eat, read the ingredients list and make sure they don’t consume too much fat or too much sugar. Others don’t care much and indulge in junk food every night.
So, what about you… what are the most important elements for your “quality of life”? and what is missing that could help you be more satisfied?
Our client is a company that provides services for the working population all over the world. As an important player in its customers’ lives, they want to help people improve their quality of life. How? Well they consider developing an app, or a website, or any kind of solution that could help people be aware of what matters to have a great quality of life but also to give them the keys to actually improve it.
They’d like to understand what a global community of people (that’s you!) believes is important for quality of life and how we can encourage people to take actions to achieve this. With your answers they will hopefully develop THE service or solution that you might be using in a few months.
Would you like to share your thoughts?
Invent a solution (service, app, website) that will help people (working people aged 20 to 60 on average) improve their quality of life.
Please create your entry with two things in mind 1) what is a great quality of life made of, for you personally, and 2) what do you feel you need to help you improve your quality of life?
Take stress at work. This is a major problem for many people. Some people are aware that they are stressed and some are not. What could be done to raise awareness about stress at work and help them take actions?
Maybe for you there are other things that matter for a great quality of life. Maybe it’s how much you manage to catch up with your friends when you’re already a mum, a spouse and a successful professional. How could an app help you manage your time with them more easily and remind you how important they are?
Maybe for another person what matters is a good night’s sleep and not waking up in the middle of the night as well as avoiding traffic when they drive to work! What could be done to help people achieve this goal?
There is no right or wrong answer. Well-being is the obvious goal of this contest. But it is not the only route to explore.
We want to understand what is missing today to improve quality of life, identify solutions that can help individuals (who work) take control of their quality of life and improve it. Make sure your idea is not just about providing people with information but also encouraging them to take actions.
The solution to improve quality of life that you’re about to imagine is designed for working adults, not kids, students, or retired people.
It should improve their quality of life as a whole, not just in their professional life. We are not looking for ideas on how to make professionals work more and more efficiently!
Your idea should consist of a visual illustration and a text with answers to these questions:
- What is quality of life for you? (One or several items)
- What is the need or problem related to quality of life that your solution tackles?
- How does it work?
- How does it encourage people to take action and improve their quality of life?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest could be a small add-on that works in Outlook (or any other work e-mail system). Every hour, for one week the software will ask you the same question: right now, do you feel stressed or relaxed? Along with this question, the software will ask you to give details about what you’re actually doing “are you starting an activity/ are you with other people/ is what you are doing difficult/ do you feel tired/ are you hungry etc?” There will then be an algorithm that analyzes the data and after one week of daily surveys, it will be able to give you an assessment of your “stress profile.” It will give you useful information such as “you’re less stressed in the afternoon and when you work with others.” Then, based on your data, it could give you advice such as: “Start earlier to reduce stress/ Work in a silent environment/ take quick breaks etc.”
An example of a bad idea: an activity tracker that tells you that you have walked 8000 steps today. This does not lead to any actions.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
One page split into two parts: one visual and some text in PDF.
Winners will be picked from those ideas that clearly provide a solution to a real problem and leads people to take action and improve their quality of life.
Guidelines for this contest
- Don’t invent breakthrough ideas just for the sake of it. We want to understand what matters to you.
- Entries should be in English or French.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.