How would you get young people to enjoy, buy and love the different ice creams that Unilever has to offer?
Ice cream is eaten for so many reasons and in so many situations. Some enjoy a cool ice cream on a hot summer’s day. For others it’s a celebration or a treat. And yet for others it’s an indulgence for a special moment.
Today, we’re looking at Millennials (18-25 year olds) and how to make them love ice cream even more. How to make it more relevant and create a stronger emotional connection with them.
So what are Millennials like as people? Millennials take a globally local view on the world, where they fuse cultures together to formulate their own world view. They are increasingly willing to take risks with their lives and choices, and in return, they have raised expectations. Additionally, they increasingly want to enhance, complement and optimize their environment.
Millennials are attracted to immersive experiences that are personal, engaging, and meaningful. Experiences that enable those moments of connection by sharing. They consume products they are passionate about. They are also constantly looking for “the best of both worlds,” involving both body and mind. This means that taste and health are no longer mutually exclusive.
Unilever owns many ice cream brands, including Cornetto, Ben & Jerry’s, and Magnum. With Millennials facing increasing ways to experience ice cream, we need your ideas to help these brands further the experience and exploration through engaging ice cream moments.
Using visual and text, surprise us with breakthrough ideas that will engage Millennials in a whole new way and make them love ice cream even more!
Share your engaging and innovative ideas on how Unilever ice cream brands can connect with Millennials. These ideas can be, but are not limited to digital, mobile, social media-based, outdoor, in-store, experiences, events. You can unleash your creativity and even come up with another awesome idea! What we are not looking for is a traditional print ad or TV script.
Please choose from one of these three ice cream brands to focus your idea on. If you have more than one idea or one brand, please submit it as a separate entry:
Cornetto is the icon of ice cream and summer love. It exists to encourage teenagers to dive into love and fully enjoy each moment. For Cornetto, love gives you more when you dare to dive in fully, it’s a full-on journey of tastes and textures - just like the journey of love. For that reason, Cornetto inspires the millennial consumer with the courage to dive into love.
- Ben and Jerry’s
Ben and Jerry’s is a is a brand that seeks to be the catalyst to take action for justice in society and truly create change in the world. It creates the best ice cream possible in the nicest possible and is total euphoria for the tummy and soul. It is quirky and irreverent, aspiring to create progress in society through ice cream.
Magnum is a premium adult ice cream and chocolate pleasure on a stick, a personal indulgence experience. For Magnum, a day without pleasure is a day lost and with a Magnum, the consumer feels special and rewarded. Only Magnum inspires the consumer to let go and courageously seek personal pleasure.
Please answer the following three questions in your entry:
- Which ice cream brand did you select?
- What is your entry about? Please give a short description.
- How does your entry engage the heart and mind of a Millennial with ice cream?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Keep in mind that Millennials value realness and respect brand values that are open, adaptable, flexible and responsive. They yearn for real deal, they need trust and reassurance from ingredients, people and processes behind the brands and products they consume.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
One visual with a tagline and a short paragraph of text, using the template.
The winning ideas will take the ice cream experience to a new level, with Millennials fully interacting with the brand you’ve chosen and loving the brand and all that it stands for.
Guidelines for this contest
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries must be in English only.
- Please submit your entry based on the ice cream brand you’ve selected. If you have more than one idea, please submit it as a separate entry.
- Your entry should include a visual of your idea and a paragraph of text explaining your idea.
- Please do not submit traditional print ad or TV script. Your ideas could be, but are not limited to digital, mobile, social media, outdoor, in-store, experiences or events.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.