Encourage the spirit of Mother’s Day every day.
Remember this is a contest about little acts of love, on a daily basis. Therefore, please make it obvious that it is not only a Mother's Day action.
(i.e: you can add a frame saying: "NIDO believes everyday should be Mother’s Day. #mothersdayeveryday").
As children, there’s so much to be grateful to mums for; we can see a mother's love for her children through the little things, as well as the big things, she does for them. Yet that love and dedication are recognized only once a year on Mother’s Day, predictably with a card, a crafted gift, or perhaps flowers with dad’s help. What if children, and even the whole family, lived up to the spirit of Mother’s Day every day of the year through little acts of love?
Mothers appreciate that the giving of one’s self is the most sincere act of love. Children have different personalities and levels of maturity, so we know that these little acts of love come in many forms. Instead of just a card or buying a gift once a year, could it take the form of unexpectedly helping mum with a chore, surprising her by giving up a bad habit, helping take care of a younger sibling, or putting on a little performance just for her? The possibilities are endless.
NIDO is the world’s number one milk powder brand. The NIDO range includes Growing Up Milk for 1 to 3 year olds, and fortified milk powder for kids up to 8 years old. NIDO is in almost every market outside Europe and is branded as NINHO, NESPRAY and DANCOW in various markets. Mums trust NIDO to provide the best nutrition for their children throughout their growing years, to nurture a healthy future for them. And NIDO believes that the world would be a better place if children were encouraged to show mum their love and gratitude every day.
Today, NIDO is looking for your insight and creativity to show the spontaneous little acts of love that children can do for mum every day, not just on Mother’s Day.
Through an original and emotionally engaging video, help NIDO spark a movement where children surprise and delight mums with little acts of love every day.
To stand out from the usual clichéd videos about Mothers’ Day, touch mums’ hearts with a strong, emotional yet unexpected story that will be the rallying cry to start this ambitious and important movement to love and appreciate mums every day.
NIDO would like to see videos with toddlers (age 1 to 3) and/or older kids (age 4 to 8). It would be nice to see both age groups represented in your video, but it is not mandatory. For toddlers, you could even have dad as an “accomplice” so that the little acts of love are age-appropriate and something the little ones can credibly do.
Think about the old adage, “actions speak louder than words” as you tell your story, and remember that it’s not about buying or giving gifts, or anything commercial. It’s about heart-warming stories that make mums proud of their children, and happy with their own parenting skills.
The winning videos will be the face of NIDO’s global digital campaign to spark a movement to bring the spirit of Mother’s Day to life every day. Videos will be played online and must be good quality.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Remember these important tips in your video:
- Show a child’s love for mum that doesn’t have a due date: it is something they can do every day.
- Connect with mothers through stories that are uplifting and emotionally engaging.
Example of a good entry: It is mother’s day and the family is finishing their meal together. Mum is a little tired, it has been a long week. The phone rings. Mum steps into the living room to answer. Dad walks away as well. When she comes back, the table has been cleared. She hears clinking glasses in the kitchen. Her son has cleared the table on his own and is doing the washing up for her. This is the very first time he’s done that. He looks at her with a smile and says: “I know you are tired mum. I love you.”
Example of a bad entry: A child is carefully drawing a heart for mum. He leaves his drawing on mum’s bed for her to discover in the morning. She is moved. While this is sweet, it is a very clichéd depiction of love and appreciation. We want to move away from cards, gifts, and flowers to children doing more unexpected yet meaningful things to show their love for their mums.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Video up to 45 seconds.
We are looking for powerful and touching videos that will inspire a movement that makes the spirit of Mothers’ Day last throughout the year. The winning videos will front a global digital campaign and will be viewed by millions of mums.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit your video in English.
- Animations are not allowed for this contest.
- Children below the age one cannot be featured in the video. Milk bottles, pacifiers and items that specifically imply young babies cannot be featured. Please also do not show pregnant women in your video.
- Do not depict religious or political content.
- Please avoid clichés like children making or buying cards, gifts or flowers.
- Your video be positive and uplifting. Don’t make mums feel bad, show unhealthy competition between mum and dad, or depict what mums and dads are not doing enough of.
- We want a strong emotional story, not an ad for NIDO. The video is not recommending the product, or communicating a benefit message.
- MANDATORY ELEMENTS (all these elements are provided):
opening-frame + end-frame
tagline - You shall not change the tagline and use the one provided in the toolkit below.
- NOT MANDATORY ELEMENTS (all these elements are provided):
Text - If you add writing in your video, you have to use the font provided in the toolkit below.
Music - If you use music in your video, you have to use the NIDO music, provided in the toolkit below.
- You can find all the assets needed in the toolkit.
- Use the following Pantone codes: yellow – Pantone 108 / green – Pantone 3425 / gold – Pantone Gold
- Since we need the winning videos for Mother’s Day, in early May in many countries, we will need the winning source files by April 27, 2016, at the latest.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.