Show us how the healing power of touch builds a bond between parents and child.
Imagine yourself as a parent. How important is communicating your love, care and concern for him or her through touch? Whether your child is feeling under the weather, because you want to convey how much you love him or just as a gesture of encouragement, you know that a hug, a reassuring hand on his belly while he sleeps, or patting him to comfort him when he’s upset will do wonders. No matter how old parents and their children are, the magic of touch works wonder.
There is something magical about the human touch. It brings us closer together; it is a way to share positive energy and encouragement, it makes us feel better and it is a non-verbal language to communicate our feelings.
Vicks VapoRub relieves cough and cold symptoms, such as nasal congestion, a sore throat and a cough, but we tend to forget that a big part of the relief provided by Vicks VapoRub comes from a parent’s warm and reassuring touch. Touch isn’t something that needs to be restricted to when a child is not feeling well either; a warm touch helps children develop better both physically and emotionally.
Today, Vicks is seeking your creativity and insights into the healing power of touch between parents and children to inspire a new wave of inspiring, emotional communication.
Through an emotional, unexpected yet engaging story illustrated by a poster, bring to life the healing power of touch to show parents how it enriches children’s lives, helping them feel better both physically and emotionally.
This is what we need from you:
- Tell us a story that will help parents realize the importance and implications of touch, especially when their child is not feeling well.
- Bring to life your story in the form of a poster.
- Answer these 3 questions:
- What are the thoughts and emotions running through the parents and children’s minds?
- What gives touch a healing property in your story?
- How does the child feel as a result of feeling his parents’ touch?
You do not need to feature Vicks VapoRub in your story or in your poster.
Regardless of whether the child is well or feeling under the weather, Vicks VapoRub wants to help parents realize that touch is key to his or her child's health and development, physically as well as emotionally. Don't be restricted to bedtime sickness moments or by any age group!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
The notion of “parent/child” is not restricted to young children. Parents and children can be of any age and any life stage.
You can think about the following when you’re brainstorming ideas for your story:
- What everyday situations are there when touch can convey the love and support a parent has for their child?
- Could there be any significant moments? How would that change if a child is unwell?
- What emotions can you think of when parents show their love through touch, and how would you bring these emotions to life?
Example of a good entry: A young soldier returns from a tour of duty in a war zone. His father is waiting for him at the airport. As soon as he sees him, the father put his hand on his chest, and they hug. This gesture symbolizes the bond and respect he has for his son. It is also what the father used to do to comfort his son when he was unwell or upset when growing up. Whenever the father put his hand on his son’s chest, the son always felt better. This helped him pursue of his dream of going into the army and then becoming an officer. During tough times, the son would remember and feel his dad’s hand on his chest. With all these memories flowing back, the son, for the first time is now putting his hand on his dad’s chest. Showing that he has grown up and he now can take care of his dad too.
Example of a bad entry: A 10 years old boy in his bed. He has just been to a camping trip and took the brunt of a heavy rainfall. He caught a cold as a result and feels miserable. Dad is rubbing Vicks VapoRub on his chest. The child falls asleep soundly. This is a bad entry as it reads too much like a TV commercial. It does not give us many insights into how the parents or child feels. It is also too focused on the product as a problem/solution remedy. We are interested in stories about people, not in stories about Vicks VapoRub. The situation of a sick child in bed is very clichéd too. We have seen that countless time. We want original and unexpected stories.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Poster and story of at least 150 words.
We are looking for stories and posters that show how touch is fundamental to human beings and especially to children, both for their physical and mental development and wellbeing. We want to touch parents’ hearts in a universal way that shows VapoRub is a passionate advocate of the healing touch. Your poster should not be an ad for Vicks VapoRub but a visual that brings your story to life.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit your entries in English.
- Please answer the 3 questions with your entry.
- Vicks VapoRub is not for use for children under 2 years; please do not depict children under 2 years old in your submission or give the impression that your idea is intended for children under 2 years.
- You do not need to feature Vicks VapoRub in your story or in your poster, and parents and children can be of any age (above 2 years old) and any life stage.
- If necessary, you can download the packshot and logo here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.