How can consuming Peak milk maximize your intrinsic potential, helping you to reach your peak?
Milk is the source of life – pure, nutritious, natural and wholesome. It’s our first source of nutrition as babies and it’s a continued drink through life for maximizing potential and performance. In Nigeria, people consume Peak, the most popular and well-known brand of evaporated milk in the country. Fortified with 28 vitamins and minerals, Peak has been building successful families for generations, providing families with nutrition for performance, helping people grow healthily, becoming strong and energetic.
While Peak is still the most favored milk brand, other competitors are aggressively advertising the same benefits, such as health and strong bones based on product benefits such as vitamins and minerals. Peak need your help and creativity to avoid such clichés and inspire their next advertising campaign that will keep them top of mind and relevant to modern consumers today.
How can you communicate that Peak milk helps release your intrinsic potential to achieve your best performance, in a way that differentiates from the clichés of health and strong bones?
Avoiding the milk category clichés of talking about ingredients and the product’s functional benefits; in a poster, how would you bring to life Peak’s tagline “Reach for Your Peak” in a way that is relevant to young mothers? These mothers and wives buy it for the family because they believe that Peak will give them and their families stronger bodies and sharper minds, helping them achieve their best performance no matter what they do.
We are looking for out-of-the box creative ideas that will bring to life the idea that milk gives you the needed nutrition for performance in a way that engages emotionally with people that isn’t clichéd or expected.
How would you re-interpret “Reach for Your Peak” to show the role that milk plays in helping people reach their own personal ‘peak’?
Please answer the following questions in your entry:
- What is your idea about? Please describe it in detail.
- How does your idea convey “Reach for Your Peak” and what is its role in helping people achieve their own personal ‘peak’?
- How is your idea relevant to women (wives and mothers) and how does it connect with them in an emotionally engaging way?
Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with Nigeria or Nigerian culture. Stretch your thinking and look into how you feel when you know you’ve done your best and achieved your own personal best.
If your idea shows people consuming Peak, please do not show people drinking entire glasses of milk, as it’s not their custom to do so. Milk is generally consumed with other food and beverages, such as in tea, coffee, or chocolate/cocoa beverages, or with cereal. However, we still do want to see the role that milk plays in helping people reach their own personal ‘peak.’
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: A poster of a family brainstorming ideas for their next family vacation where mum says, “Do we deserve our upcoming family trip?” There are thought bubbles above each family member’s head as they recall having done their best and achieved what they set out to do. On the kitchen counter in the background, we see Peak. This is aspirational and inspiring and conveys the idea that Peak helps each family member achieve his or her best performance and also the feeling of pride that mum has of the family.
Example of a bad entry: A poster of a smiling family exercising, conveying the ideas of health and strong bones. Being healthy and having strong bones is a benefit that is very functional. We know that milk will do this and it is difficult to differentiate from competitors who are competing on the same aspects of health and strong bones.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
A poster with tagline "Reach for Your Peak" and answers to the mandatory questions (maximum 2 pages PDF).
The brand will award prizes to the most creative and emotionally engaging entries that shows how milk plays a part in helping people achieve their best, their own personal ‘peak’. Your interpretation of “Reach for Your Peak” that pushes the boundaries of traditional milk advertising is key.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit your entries in English.
- Please answer the 3 questions above with a clear description and narrative so we understand what your idea is about.
- Please do not show people drinking entire glasses of milk. Drinking milk with other things, such as coffee and tea or cereal, is how milk is consumed in Nigeria.
- You can download visual of the packshot and Peak logo here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.