TV5MONDE - French TV On-The-Go
Calling all talented video-makers who appreciate French culture and entertainment! This is your chance to showcase your creativity to a global television network.
TV5MONDE broadcasts several channels offering original news and entertainment with a French-speaking point-of-view on the world. Far from a traditional French expat audience, the programs are enjoyed by anyone with a historical, cultural or linguistic affinity with the French language and what it represents.
There is great news for people living in Asia-Pacific: a new free application called TV5MONDE+ Asie-Pacifique has been launched to allow people living across that region to access up to 4 channels and their suite of programs on any mobile device, such as laptops, smartphones and tablets. The programs are available in 4 languages: French, English, Korean and Japanese, and more will be added soon.
It’s like carrying a little French culture with you wherever you are! Can you help us to promote this app with an original and very entertaining video?
In an entertaining and original video, show us what could happen if you could bring the best of French style, entertainment and culture with you, anytime, anywhere. How would that magically transform one daily moment?
The programs are suitable for all the family (kids programs, sport, cinema, documentaries, lifestyle, etc.), as should your video be. Make it fun, humorous and original, but keep it family friendly.
Your video should end with a short introduction to the app and an invitation to download it. Please use the end frame provided. You can download it in the Specific Guidelines.
The app is not available for download in all countries yet. You do not need to see it to participate, as the core of your video is creative storytelling.
Please refer to the Specific Guidelines below for a list of which countries the TV5MONDE+ Asie-Pacifique app is available in. Don’t worry if the app isn’t available in your country as you can also find out more about TV5MONDE+ Asie-Pacifique from the website.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
The app allows you to watch programs anywhere, anytime. You could pick a moment and a place and transform it into entertaining effect: a wedding, a beach holiday, a morning commute in a train, a restaurant, even the office – where you are supposed to be working.
Example of a good entry: A man is sitting at a coffee shop outside, eating a plate of noodles. He takes his smart phone to watch a program from TV5MONDE+. Suddenly a French waiter appears and ties a napkin around his neck, place silver cutlery on his table and offers him a tray of macarons as dessert. Everyone looks shocked and amused. So is he. Another example could be a woman commuting in a metro. She watches TV5MONDE+ on her tablet. Her stop is coming. Suddenly the name of her station is announced in French. She steps out and is magically transformed into a typical Parisian girl, with the outfit and style to match.
Example of a bad entry: A girl is watching TV on her phone. Cut to a montage with French music showing a series of French monuments and landmarks. This is not very entertaining. Tell us a fun story in your video to keep us watching.
- #1 Prize €7,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Video up to 45 seconds
We are looking for a creative and entertaining video that will hook viewers from the start and make them want to watch till the end and download the app.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries accepted in English, French, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese and Chinese. For all non-English entries, please provide English subtitles.
- Your entry should be relevant to an Asian audience.
- Click here to see the countries where the TV5MONDE+ Asie-Pacifique app is available for download.
- Your video will be used in an online campaign (e.g., Facebook, YouTube) so keep it tight, dynamic and entertaining to watch from the get go.
- Your video will be used across many different countries, so ideally there will be no dialogs or they will be kept to a minimum to make localisation easier.
- No religious, political or sexual themes.
- You can download pictures of the app, the TV5MONDE+ Asie-Pacifique logo, and the end frame here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.