Ferrero Rocher Wedding Package
Shape of packaging
As mentioned in the brief, the shape of your packaging box has to be a square or circle. However, you are free to add secondary designs on top of this packaging to enhance the overall package.
To share the happiness of their wedding, Chinese couples offer chocolate as a wedding present during the ceremony or as a gift to those who could not attend. Over time this has become a way for the couple to show that they have good taste. And there is nothing that is more symbolic of romance and good taste than Italy.
Ferrero Rocher is a well-known Italian chocolate. In China, it is a premium brand and the No.1 brand in the gifting chocolate category. Its golden color, round shape and refined taste makes it look precious like the people we love. As a wedding gift, Ferrero Rocher speaks of refined pleasures enjoyed together and of precious quality moments.
We need your help to make Ferrero Rocher a must-give item at weddings with a beautiful box that will make giving it a mark of good taste that distinguishes Ferrero Rocher from other competitors through Italian creation.
Design a beautiful, elegant and contemporary box on the theme of Italian romance that will make Ferrero Rocher a sought-after present for wedding guests.
Your design must be in the shape of a round or square box. It is a give away for a person so it will host 2 or 3 chocolates. It is not a big family style box. You can focus on the graphic design, the materials used and if relevant could add something to the box.
Here are some examples of what Italian romance could means (you can find your own):
- Classic Italian love stories in opera or movies (those with a happier ending that Romeo & Juliet of course),
- Flowers that are used in Italian wedding,
- A tradition or ritual that is performed at Italian weddings,
- Famous Italian love poems,
- Italian monuments, landmarks that symbolize love and romance.
Ferrero’s Italian style is not vintage or old-fashioned; it is a contemporary classic style that is of course always premium. The brand is refined, convivial, elegant, and unique - for those who appreciate beauty and aesthetics.
Think of what Italian romance means to you and look for inspiration. Your design should have a wow effect that will make it a talking point among guests, and make the wedding couple proud.
With your design proposal, please answer these 2 questions:
- How does your design express Italian romance and premiumness?
- What makes it a perfect box for Ferrero Rocher and not any other chocolate brand?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: There is second romantic ritual associated with the Trevi Fountain in Rome. There is a miniature fountain of the left side, known as "the small fountain of lovers". According to the legend, couples that drink from the mini fountain will forever be faithful to their partner. The box will have the design of the Trevi Fountain with some gold coins shining in (using gold reflective material). On the lid there is a golden 3D miniature version of the smaller fountain of lovers. The box will be for 2 Ferrero Rocher chocolates as the number 2 shows double happiness.
Example of a bad entry: A round box with a picture of the tower of Pisa. It is Italian but where is the luxury and the romance?
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
PDF 3 pages: 1st page 2D visual of the design, 2nd page your visual applied 3D to the box, 3rd page answers to the questions.
We are looking for box designs with a unique and premium Italian connection to give away to guests at a wedding therefore the design should be elegant, refined and thoughtful. It needs to have a wow effect that will make the gift a talking point among guests at the wedding, and make the wedding couple proud.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or Chinese,
- Use gold as a main colour,
- Your design needs to feature the Ferrero Rocher logo. You can download it here.
- The shape of your packaging box has to be a square or circle. You are free to add secondary designs on top of this packaging to enhance the overall package.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.