Can you help us surprise young adults in a way that will make them crave frozen sparkling drinks?
Young people like Tracey (aged 18 to 35 years old), love frosty treats, like Frozen Sparking Beverages (or FSB for short), from the Coca-Cola Company, as they are treat that’s between a beverage and a dessert. They usually purchase them at fast food restaurants like McDonald’s. Because FSB take time to drink, they are a great mid-afternoon snack when they’re socializing and catching up with friends or for a break with colleagues.
Although she loves them Tracey doesn’t think as much about having a FSB as she used to. Maybe she doesn’t find them as exciting. Or she is just tired of them. She has a lot on her mind. And there are just so many other ways, old and new to get refreshment in a fun way. How could you make Tracey crave for a Coca-Cola FSB at McDonald’s?
What original campaign, activity or promotion could Coca-Cola do online or on social media to make young people like Tracey crave a FSB, without relying on gimmicks such as price cut or free giveaways?
There are so many advertising campaigns online and on social media that compete for young people’s attention. We need to cut through the clutter. And it is too easy to just say “buy our product and we’ll give you a discount or a gift”. We are looking for an idea that is original. Something that people like Tracey will notice. Something that will make them want to order a FSB at McDonald’s.
Your idea should appeal to people like Tracey:
Tracey is in her second year studying literature. She is always looking to be stimulated by new sensations and experiences. She has a little bit of a “I’ve seen it, I’ve done it, I’ve been there” mindset. She loves making things. She is always connected to her friends on social media on her phone. She enjoys expressing herself, her personality, and her special quirks. She loves products and experiences that are personalized “just for her”. She knows what a FSB is and she has tried them before.
Think outside the box with a totally new communication or promotional idea that will surprise young people like Tracey who have been drinking FSB for a long time!
Please answer the following questions in your entry:
- What is your idea about? (What is the message? How will it reach young people? What do they need to do?)
- What is new about it compared to all the other advertising and promotions for drinks?
- Why would it appeal to young people aged 18 to 35 years old?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
As a starting point, think about Tracey and her lifestyle. How is her day like? How does she socialize and interact with friends? How does she like to be refreshed and entertained?
Example of a good entry: ‘Break the ice!” An app that let you buy virtual FSB for friends, to be redeemed for real drinks. For every two friends that redeem their drinks at the counter you get one free FSB that you can give away, as a virtual invitation to anyone, including strangers. That way you can connect with new people, and everyone likes to send and receive gifts.
Example of a bad entry: An ad that appear on Tracey’s mobile phone saying “Get a frozen beverage now and get a free movie ticket”. We don’t want to see price discounts or freebies only, unless this is part of a bigger, better, more original idea. We are looking for original thinking here, not copying what everyone has been doing for the last 50 years!
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum 3 pages PDF)
The best ideas will inspire a new digital campaign or promotions that will be launched in the Australian market, as a partnership between Coca-Cola FSB and McDonald’s. We are looking for groundbreaking ideas to surprise consumers that are increasingly jaded and demanding and keep Coca-Cola’s FSB top of mind. Make sure your campaign, promotional idea or activity is doable.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your new idea must be for a frozen sparkling beverage from the Coca-Cola Company to be sold exclusively at McDonald’s.
- Do not reinvent the packaging or flavors. This is about communication ideas.
- Your idea must not be for children below 13. Please do not include any images of children below 13 or any visuals clearly appealing to children below 13.
- If you want to use them, you can find the Coca-Cola and McDonald’s logos here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.