The real moments that matter most are true, fun and memorable ‘buddyship’ moments.
After the school years, an era known for self-discovery and freedom, comes a time where young people enter an age of responsibility, where conforming to new norms is crucial.
Starting a new job, for instance, means learning the company culture with its distinct codes and rules. To ‘First Jobbers’, adapting to this new reality can feel like conforming: what they wear, how they address their peers, the work hours, new processes, etc.
It’s also a time when many of them move into their own, or a shared, apartment. This means furnishing and cleaning it, ironing clothes, dealing with administrative procedures, and maybe even buying a car! It’s hard work! Furthermore, young people tend to leave home and move to a new town where they don’t know anyone, either for studies or the first job. So finding new friends is essential, and often friends become the new family.
During this transition, true ‘buddyship’ moments are hugely important. Whether it’s about perpetuating old traditions in a new environment, or creating new ones, this is what young people live for. They go gaming, hang out at home, go to clubs, play sports ...all the ordinary stuff. But each of these moments holds the potential to become THE ‘buddyship’ moment – the one that lives on, to be told and retold, romanced, the one that becomes the proof of ‘buddyship’.
WAGNER Pizza, (a Nestlé brand) is one of 2 market leaders in Germany. More particularly, the WAGNER range Big Pizza is a brand young Germans like because it’s accessible, easy and accompanies them during their adventures with their buddies.
Big Pizza was relaunched in January 2016. The packaging and the product is being improved. The new WAGNER Big Pizza will be better (quality ingredients and good nutrition), bigger (more toppings) and tastier (recipes).
To mark the occasion, WAGNER Big Pizza would like to share videos that start a real conversation with young Germans - for whom legendary after-hours ‘buddyship’ moments keep them sane. They are moments that allow them to live to the max while being their true original selves.
Create an entertaining, fun and surprising video that celebrates an intense & memorable ‘buddyship’ story young Germans would want to share with their friends.
Despite the fact that 20-30 years olds cherish their new found independence and professional situation, they need some getting used to. So, while they accept the need to conform, they crave truly legendary ‘buddyship’ moments when they can have fun and show their true original selves.
Your video should tell a story that is dynamic, positive and fun. The setting can be ordinary, but WAGNER is looking for those memorable moments that become part of ‘buddyship’ – the ones they love to tell and retell over the years. The tension between conforming and having fun together after hours is meant to reveal their mindset, but does not have to be showcased in the video. (WAGNER does not want to see them at the office conforming to the crowd; just the ‘buddyship’ story!)
WAGNER cherishes authenticity, realness and true friendship, so don’t hesitate to showcase real situations; unexpected, difficult, embarrassing ones where they just narrowly avoid trouble, etc. as long as the overall story is funny, highlights the group’s friendship and ends well.
Your video should show a group of friends (not a pair; at least three people). WAGNER is not expecting you to feature the cooking, eating, packaging or pizza in your video, but if you do, it must be an authentic WAGNER Big Pizza only available in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands. However, we do ask that the scenario could logically precede or follow a frozen pizza moment.
You must add the supplied end-frame at the end of the video.
The message to be conveyed is that what truly matters is legendary ‘buddyship’ moments, after-hours, when young people can be their true original selves.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video could show a group of friends bowling on a Friday night. No one is any good, but it’s a perfect occasion to just have fun together. We see one guy start to show off his technique, he raises the ball, but instead of releasing it, we see that his fingers are stuck in the holes! His whole body follows the weight and momentum of the ball, rolls towards the pins, and he even loses his trousers! He ends up in boxer shorts in front of all the other bowlers. Everyone laughs! It’s such a funny story, they will keep on telling it to each other, and it’ll get more embarrassing each time they tell it.
A good video could tell the story of a group of friends who leave the city for the week end. We see them all together (4 of them), singing in the car. Suddenly something happens and the car stops. It won’t move. They get out of the car, try to fix it, but end up having to call for a tow truck. They are now stuck on the side of the road. Since it’s a holiday weekend, the tow truck is only able to come the next morning. It’s not a big deal … they spend the whole night in the car, playing cards, telling stories, laughing & singing. They’re together in a new place, and it’s memorable.
Bad example: a video that shows a group of friends eating pizza while watching a football game. There’s nothing unexpected and not a memorable moment.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation- ideal length 30 to 45 sec.
Don’t make something that looks like a TVC for Big Pizza! It must be authentic, original and highlight what real friendship/‘buddyship’ is in a dynamic way, at a life stage which can be hard to navigate! We’re expecting good quality, as the winning videos will be used in social media straightaway without reshooting.
Guidelines for this contest
- WAGNER is a brand that is unconventional and down-to-earth, sociable, honest and reliable.
- The tone of voice is dynamic and positive. It’s emotional and authentic. Not boring or nostalgic.
- If you want to know more about WAGNER Pizza, you can visit their Facebook, Youtube, or their website.
- You don’t need to feature a pizza or pizza eating scene, but if you do, please feature only an original WAGNER BIG PIZZA, available in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands.
- No children in the videos.
- It must feature a group of 3 or more friends.
- Video is preferred, but animation is accepted.
- Please use the end-frame from the toolkit at the end of the video.
- WAGNER blue, which can be subtly featured in the video for increased branding is: Pantone: P654 EC. CMYK: 99 85 35 23. RGB: 31 50 94.
- No excessive use/misuse of alcohol. No sex, violence, racism or drugs. No tobacco.
- The best will be a video that is understood without sound/language for mobile viewing and sharing.
- If there is language, voice over is preferred, so it can be re-recorded in German. German or English is accepted.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.