Surprise us with the next frozen sparkling beverage sensation!
Tracey is your typical twenty years old. She is in her first year studying literature. She is always looking to be stimulated by new sensations. She likes a wide variety of food, sometimes she chooses healthy options and sometimes she likes to be more indulgent. She loves making things. She is always connected to her friends on social media on her phone. Brian is in his mid-twenties and just got his first job in an advertising agency. He never shies away from expressing himself. He loves products and experiences that are personalized “just for him”. When they want to take a break mid afternoon, they head to their local McDonald’s with their friends and order a frozen sparkling beverage.
Frozen sparkling beverages are similar to sparkling beverages but with an additional ingredient that fills the drink with air to create a delicious and refreshing, light and fluffy ice-cold drink. These frosty treats come in many flavors including favorite brands from The Coca-Cola Company's such as Coca-Cola, Sprite and Fanta.
Young people like Tracey or Brian (aged 18 to 35 years old) love FSB as a treat that’s between a beverage and a dessert. They usually purchase them at fast food restaurants like McDonald’s. Because FSB take time to drink, they are a great mid-afternoon snack when they’re socializing and catching up with friends or for a break with colleagues.
The challenge is that FSB have been popular for a while, therefore they are seen less as a novelty now. It is a bit of the same old, same old… Can you inject a spark of creativity to make them exciting to drink again so that Brian or Tracey will keep ordering them?
Tracey and Brian have just arrived at a McDonald’s counter. Can you surprise them with a very innovative Coca-Cola frozen sparkling beverage that they will want to order?
You are free to rethink the product and its packaging (as long as it uses one of the Coca-Cola brands: it could be in Soft Drinks like Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta or other beverages like Tea, Coffee or Juice). Your new product will be sold exclusively at McDonald’s.
Don't just add a new flavor to it. Think outside the box with a totally new experience that will surprise young people like Brian and Tracey who have been drinking FSB for a long time!
Please answer the following questions in your entry:
- What is your product about? (What is its name? What is inside? What does it do?)
- What is new in your frozen sparkling beverage idea?
- Why would it appeal to young people aged 18 to 35 years old?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
As a starting point, think about Tracey, Brian and their lifestyle. How is their day like? How do they socialize and interact with friends? How do they like to be refreshed and entertained?
Example of a good entry: A frozen sparkling drink that changes color as you drink it and gets colder as it melts. The packaging has a protective layer so your hands don’t get too cold because the drink will! Drinkers will be challenged to drink it for the longest period of time to see if they can withstand the extreme icy sensation! That could trigger conversations and competitions among friends.
Example of a bad entry: A Sprite frozen sparkling drink with apple juice. Just adding apple juice to it is not very original and it unlikely to surprise people like Brian or Tracey. We need you to push the bar higher and reinvent the experience!
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
PDF presentation up to 3 pages.
The best ideas will inspire a new FSB that will be launched in the Australian market, as a partnership between the 2 brands. We are looking for groundbreaking ideas to surprise consumers that are increasingly jaded and demanding. Make sure your product idea is actually doable.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your new product idea must be a frozen sparkling beverage.
- Include a product idea and its packaging.
- It must not contain alcohol.
- Your idea must not be for children below 13. Please do not include any images of children below 13 or any visuals clearly appealing to children below 13.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.