Good morning! What are you going to start today?
Only new content will be accepted!
Please bear in mind that we will NOT be accepting any video that has already been uploaded in prior contests!
If you wish to leverage past footage, you can use the same basis but you need to tweak your video so it respects the new brief.
Lazy, spoilt, tech-obsessed, moody… but also charitable, flexible, green, ambitious… A lot is being said about Millennials and it’s contradictory!
The truth is everybody is different. Whether you are 25 years old male living in Milan or a 28 years old girl living in Barcelona, your lives, dreams, expectations and frustrations will be different.
But there might be something that is common to everyone aged between 18 to 35 years old today: they are always looking for new experiences. They want to make things happen - they are a generation of doers.
The world in which their parents lived in was simple: they found jobs easily, love too, fears about climate change did not exist, education was affordable and wars zones were far away. In 2016, it’s different! Millennials do suffer from their countries‘ economic issues and they live in a troubled society.
Yet they are (you are!) a creative and positive generation and they are not afraid of what is ahead of them.
They see each day as an invitation to try or start something new.
Mornings in particular are moments of the day that are full of opportunities. Moments where Millennials start something or think about starting new. It’s either simple projects they’ve always wanted to do or ambitious dreams.
Can you create very fun content for NESCAFÉ, the most famous coffee brand - videos that tell this kind of story?
Create an engaging, modern and humorous video or animation that shows someone welcoming the morning as a great opportunity to start something new!
NESCAFÉ would like to get content that they can use on social networks to engage the generation of Spanish Millennials, people from 18 to 30. What matters is that you tell personal stories, or, if not personal, stories that feel authentic and truthful. Coffee does not have to have a role in the story – it’s not the solution to get ideas or to start to follow one’s dreams. It’s at their side, playing a secondary role.
NESCAFÉ wants to broadcast credible stories that Millennials would share with their friends.
You think mornings are routine? Well, put yourself in the shoes of someone who sees the world with optimism and think about original and surprising situations! There are many common situations that can be tweaked or totally transformed if you have the intention of experiencing something better. Life is full of opportunities. Makers do things, they don’t just sit and wait! Show us doers being inspired and starting something - big or small.
On the Internet, the key to get “likes” and “shares” is to show content that is humorous, unexpected and surely original! Don’t tell boring stories, be short, dynamic and very genuine.
The quality of execution is not paramount. What matters is that you tell a truthful story.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video for this contest could show a guy in his kitchen. It’s the morning, he’s looking out of the window when the mail man arrives. He looks tired. The guy in his apartment decides to go down and tells the mail man that today, he will deliver the mail to his neighbors. So he takes the letters and start his tour. That’s a great occasion for him to tell something nice to each person. He feels energized by his morning!
A bad video would be a guy waking up and going down the street to buy flowers for his girlfriend before offering them to her. Boring and not fun!
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos or animation 30-45 sec.
We will accept content that tells engaging stories around something - big or small - that starts in the morning, or that is inspired while welcoming the morning. The jury will select as winners those that tell the most original and fun stories in an unexpected way while staying relevant to the brand’s personality.
Guidelines for this contest
- In your stories, please favor lifestyle daily situations. Nothing exceptional, like climbing Everest or winning Nobel Prize.
- Most probably the stories will happen at home.
- The brand’s personality is creative, sociable, optimistic, playful, and unexpected.
- The tone of voice of your video should not be serious, tear-jerker or sophisticated. Nor is it about contemplating, meditating or being.
- The brand motto is : “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”.
- If you happen to feature coffee in your video, please use a red mug.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish.
- You can download the logo and the tagline from here.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.