Invent the next pizza that could revolutionize the way we eat pizzas.
When we think about pizza, we think of a large Italian flatbread with various toppings and lots of cheese. Sometimes it feels as if the biggest pizza innovation is the half-and-half – being able to enjoy two flavors in one pizza – or the square pizza.
Domino’s Pizza is the #1 pizza delivery brand in the world. Offering a variety of value and premium pizzas, sides and desserts, Domino’s aims to make and deliver every delicious order fresh and fast.
Looking at how the world has changed in the way that we eat, Domino’s needs creativity and ideas that will make pizza relevant to a new group of people ages 18-34 who think of mealtimes very differently.
Help Domino’s own eating occasions with pizza innovations that will change the way we eat pizzas.
Tell us how Domino’s Pizza can reach the hearts, minds and stomachs of people ages 18-34 by appealing to a new way of enjoying food.
Here are three areas that we’d like you to innovate on. Please choose from one of these three areas to focus your innovation on. If you have more than one idea, please submit it as a separate entry:
- Snack-worthy foods: With busy lives and shortened attention spans, we need food that fits in and around our diverse lifestyles. No longer the standard three meals a day, how can pizza evolve in a way that’s social not serious, approachable not fine dining, while still providing optimal nutrition needs and healthy eating?
- Social grazing: Our world is a connected one and there’re so many opportunities to share. Around food, we too want to experience more, experience different dishes and cuisines, and share them with the people around us; it’s a practical way to enjoy all that there is on the table. How could pizza play a part in social grazing, where mealtimes are not just about filling bellies but trying and learning about food with each other.
- My way through play: This is about eating in a lighthearted, fun, and playful way for grown ups. Enjoying food is about sensorial ways of eating – more than just your mouth and tastebuds but what you can see and touch; customising your food to suit your tastes. How can your pizza innovation help you express yourself in a playful way through your food and mealtimes?
Remember, you just need choose one of the three innovation areas above per submission. Please tell us which area of pizza innovation you chose (e.g., #2 Social grazing) in the template provided in the specific guidelines.
You can draw inspiration from other products (or even services) that you’ve had a good eating experience with. Think outside the box and show us what Domino’s Pizza can do to give you a revolutionary pizza experience.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
To help you with your idea, think about:
- Product: Is this a new product? Different ingredients? What does it look like and what would you call it?
- Packaging: Think about a new design, new size, new shape, what do people use to eat it?
- Place or occasion: When do people eat it? What might be the easiest or best way for people to order it?
- Technology: How could technology make this product better?
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 visual and up to 150 words as explanation (1 page PDF template)
Your idea will show us brand new, out of the box pizza experiences that will grab the attention of people ages 18-34 who are constantly on the lookout for new eating adventures.
Guidelines for this contest
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your entry should include a visual of your idea and a paragraph of text explaining your idea.
- Please submit your entry based on one of the three areas described above. If you have more than one idea, please submit it as a separate entry.
- You can use commercial library pictures for your submission. Please indicate the source.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.