Make your way to mums’ hearts with an engaging story about creating your own pizza.
The aim of this contest is to select 1 finalist who will shoot a video for Bazaar, an Australian brand of delicious and convenient pizza bases.
How it works:
After reading the brief, come up with a story and pitch it to us in a video. Please show us a storyboard (sketches, pictures) of what the scenes will look like. We will select the best ones and the brand will pick one finalist. The finalist will receive a production grant of €3,000 to pay any actors that star in the film, and win a cash prize of €7,000. In addition, he or she will get the chance to work with a local creative director!
Imagine dinnertime: Mum and Dad have just returned from the office and there are hungry children waiting to be fed. Tonight is Mum’s turn to whip up dinner and her challenge is to make sure that the family enjoys a good and healthy dinner that’s made out of the right stuff. She knows that pizza is guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s faces and she can make her own healthy and delicious versions with customizable pizza bases.
Bazaar is an Australian brand of delicious pizza bases that are quick and easy to prepare. With Bazaar gourmet pizzas bases, all mum needs to do is add on her choice of toppings, and pop the pizza in the oven. A quick, no-fuss and fun way to feed the family while making sure that everyone, from kids to dad, eats what they should.
How could you turn this everyday family dinner moment into a video that will warm mums’ hearts? We are not looking for another TV commercial; what we want to do is delight and engage mums so that they will share it with their fellow mum-friends?
Challenge viewers to rethink pizza bases in an entertaining, creative and memorable story that will show that Bazaar’s gourmet pizza bases are mums’ trusted allies in their quest to feed their family with delicious food that’s healthy and not boring.
We want to inspire viewers to be creative with their own pizza toppings and recipes and we need a unique way to convey that. It could be a novel way of filming, a character, a special piece of music, a situation, a story line, a catchphrase or a new concept that will be strongly associated with the brand, make it entertaining to watch and be memorable. Your story will portray a family comprising of a mum, dad and at least 2 children. Mum is preparing dinner with the whole family enjoying it.
Mums want the best for their family and want to feel that they are in charge, despite their own busy lives. Bazaar’s pizza bases allow mums to feel like they are preparing something “from scratch,” making sure the family eats the right things. Best of all, it’s quick, easy and fun to prepare.
- What we want to see from your pitch story: We want to
- Convince mums that Bazaar’s gourmet pizza bases are delicious, quick and easy to prepare with their choice of yummy toppings
- Allow a mum to be creative in the kitchen through her choice of toppings, while being conscious of what the family eats
- It should not focus on fun activities for the kids or entertaining the kids
- We must see a "preparation moment" and an “eating moment”
- A creative and innovating way to challenge viewers to “top this” with their very own creative pizza idea
- We must see a pack shot and logo to be included in an end frame.
- What do we want mums to feel when watching: We want to leave mums with a heartwarming feeling, with the knowledge that she’s giving her best to her family by being able to choose what goes on top of that pizza base.
- What Bazaar is: Bazaar is mum’s dinnertime partner, allowing her to be creative with healthy food and helping her to save time so that she can spend it with the family. Bazaar is warm, positive, friendly, fun, and empowering. It appeals to a wide range of families.
- Final video requirements: If your story is selected, you will produce one main video that is 30 seconds long, but an extended 2-minute version may, however, be wanted. This video will be edited to fit different formats online (pre-roll on YouTube, shorter versions for Facebook and so on). You will need to include the product in the final video. If you do not have access to the products, we will send some to you if you are selected for the production stage.
At the end of the video, we want to challenge viewers to “top this” in the way that they approach making mealtimes delicious, nutritious and fun by providing their own pizza topping recipes, so make sure your story is engaging!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOUR PITCH:
- A creative, engaging story that will engage the hearts, minds and stomachs of mums
- A show reel of your capabilities and best work
- An introduction to you and your team
- Tell us why you’re the best person to shoot the final video
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good story: Mum creates her own version of Masterchef Junior at home where the children get to make their own delicious pizza with healthy, balanced ingredients that taste great. On the table is a range of ingredients that she’s chosen for a balanced meal. She starts the ball rolling with her choice of a healthy tomato base. The son chooses chicken chunks and the daughter chooses grilled peppers. They top it off with a sprinkling of cheese. As each child add his or her choice of toppings, mum explains how each food is good for them. All this in less than 30 minutes! Dad comes home from work and they tuck in to a delicious homemade pizza. Over dinner, the children become teachers and teach dad how easy and quick it was to make their own pizza, replaying what they learned from mum about what’s good for them. How can you top this?
Example of a bad story: Mum is looking at the clock. The family is waiting for dinner. She has a sudden bout of inspiration: pizza! She quickly whips up a pizza with toppings that make a smiling face. The family laughs and eats with delight. It is a bad entry as this is generic and could be owned by any pizza base brand. The whole story feels boring, cheesy and with a sense of déjà vu.
- #1 Prize €7,000
Selected finalists will get grants to cover their production expenses.
A pitch video featuring storyboards or pictures. Check out this article about pitch videos to help you.
We are looking for talented filmmakers who will make Bazaar’s pizza bases the perfect solution for fun, delicious, no-fuss yet healthy meals for the family that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Stories that are more than just about fun activities for children You don’t need to know everything about Australia to show that the brand understands mums’ concerns and aspirations when it comes to food for the family. The video must be entertaining so that is does not look like another clichéd TVC about food and family, and the pizzas must look appetizing.
Guidelines for this contest
- Video pitch in English or with English subtitles.
- No Italian “pizza” clichés.
- Portray a family evening dinner (mum, dad and at least 2 kids).
- You must not depict anything violent, gruesome, offensive, sexual or distasteful; it needs to be something that will not alienate mums or go against family values.
- You can download brand assets here.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.