Dulux - Let's Colour
Breathing new life into a home that needs some positive change? Jump-starting home decorating with a wall colour refresh? Perhaps, you have just moved, had a baby, changed relationships or you’d like your home to reflect a brand new you!
Whatever the reason, using paint is a great way to add colour and create a positive atmosphere at home. A fresh coat of paint on your walls is one of the easiest and most effective ways to make a change. It improves people’s lives by helping them improve their homes.
Dulux is one of the world's leading decorative paint brands, with solutions for all kinds of surfaces. They are known by various brand names across different countries. You can find more about Dulux in your country in the specific guidelines below.
Dulux’s mission is to add colour to people’s lives and their brand signature is “Let’s Colour.” But “Let’s Colour” can be interpreted in so many ways and could mean so many things. Today Dulux needs your ingenuity to express “Let’s Colour” through creative, out-of-the-box activities and ideas.
In a presentation with visuals and text, bring “Let’s Colour” to life showing how Dulux can add colour to people’s lives and homes, through activities across various channels.
Dulux needs your inspiring ideas that touch people’s lives in a unique, memorable, and emotionally engaging way. Your idea can be digital, mobile, outdoor, in-store, experiential or event ideas – or suggest another awesome idea. What we’re not looking for is traditional advertising (such as a print ad or a TVC).
Your idea should be impactful and emotionally engaging enough to place Dulux in the hearts and minds of consumers, so that it’s the first brand they think of the next time they want to paint their homes.
Please answer the following three questions:
- What is your idea about? Please describe it clearly.
- Why do you think your idea brings “Let’s Colour” to life and convinces consumers to think more positively about Dulux, ultimately considering the brand in the next purchase?
- How does your idea engage consumers emotionally and leave a positive lasting impression?
Please keep in mind that your ideas about “Let’s Colour” should be related to paint in the context of decoration or space renewal, adding colour to people’s lives both physically on their walls and emotionally through their life improvements. It must not be a generic celebration of colour but in the context of painting and decorating to improve people’s lives. Your ideas should centre on the home and community but not office or commercial spaces.
“Let’s Colour” is to Dulux as “Just do it” is for Nike or “Gives you Wings” is for RedBull.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: Dulux Let’s Colour Project paints poor and troubled neighbourhoods in big cities (like the Favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) with the support of volunteers, thus physically and emotionally adding colour to people’s lives who have very little and need so much. The activity is done in partnership with community leaders, social services, municipalities and the media. This idea connects consumers to the brand through doing something for communities in need, and it reinforces Dulux’s objective of impacting people’s living spaces in a positive way through colour.
Example of a bad entry: Sponsorship of The Colour Run, which is about promoting health, fitness and happiness by bringing the community together. Dulux does not own “colour” generically, and there is no link to painting or decorating homes.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum 3 pages PDF).
We’re looking for ideas that are unique, memorable, and emotionally engaging. Ideas that bring to life Dulux “Let’s Colour” in a way that connects to paint/decoration and improves people’s lives in a truly creative way, thus leaving a lasting positive impression. This will contribute to keeping Dulux in consumers’ minds, increasing its consideration for the next time they want a positive change in their homes.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Please answer the 3 questions above with a clear description and narrative so we understand what your idea is about.
- Dulux is known by various brand names across different countries. Here’s a list of each brand’s website if you would like to take a look: Coral in Brazil, Marshall in Turkey, Levis in Belgium, Flexa in The Netherlands, Nordsjo in Nordics, Alba in Argentina, Astral in Tunisia, Bruguer in Spain, Vivechrom in Greece, and Inca in Uruguay.
- Visualise the idea so that it helps us to understand what it is about.
- Please focus your ideas on the home or the community, not around office or workspaces.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.