Improve families’ sleep quality thanks to hugOne.
Awesome news for you! We have extended this contest for another week. The end date will now be November 29th.
Don't miss this huge opportunity and make a difference with your entry!
When sleep goes wrong everything goes wrong… Medical experts agree that sleep quality is one of the three pillars you need to live a healthy life (along with healthy diet and regular exercise).
When we sleep poorly, other aspects of our health are affected as well. For instance sleep deprivation could lead to increase stoke risk, or lead to obesity. It could damage bones and lead to memory loss. For children, sleep is even more crucial. It’s what allows proper mind and body development.
Getting to bed at the same time every night, waking up at the right moment, breathing pure air while sleeping… These are very important factors of well-being for the whole family. But unfortunately it’s very often neglected. Medical reports show that 1 out of 4 children will suffer of bad sleeping routine during his childhood.
Sevenhugs is a French start-up that strives to reinvent the way families experience technology at home. They have developed a device that works with an app to deliver services and information called hugOne. It’s the world’s first device to combine sleep and environment tracking for the family. It helps the entire family to get better sleep and monitors temperature, humidity and air quality anywhere for a healthier home. For instance, hugOne will notify whenever it is ideal bedtime or when indoor air quality needs attention. There is a central device, that stays in the living room and each family member has a mini device that stays in their beds. hugOne improves sleep quality and the whole family benefits from it. Please watch this video to know exactly how it works.
Sevenhugs’ challenge is that their product is complex to explain in a very short and simple way. They would like to trigger interest from parents who are already using activity trackers and could be adopting the product – and to do this, they need your help!
Imagine and create an impactful poster and tagline to introduce hugOne, the world’s first device to monitor sleep and environment for the entire family, and make parents want to buy it!
Your target for your poster are couples or parents who already use an activity tracker.
Your poster should convince early adopters of technologies that hugOne brings real value to families.
Here is a list of facts that can help you understand the challenge- have them in mind while creating your poster:
- Technology can be perceived as negative, some parents would not want electronic waves to circulate in the house. But hugOne’s sleep sensors do not need WIFI or Bluetooth in the bedroom, and all electronic transmissions from the sleep sensor are shut off at night when someone is in bed.
- People use activity trackers for themselves but not for their family. Why? Sleep is a collective thing and when a child doesn’t sleep well, his development is seriously impacted.
- People wonder why they would need to track sleep information. Well, knowing the issues is already solving the problem. If you know your child wakes up ten times every night (while you sleep) maybe you can set-up a sleeping ritual for instance.
- Some devices are complex and cumbersome to use. But this one is very intuitive and easy. Most sleep trackers must be worn on the wrist during the night, be recharged weekly and synchronized daily with a smartphone. hugOne sensors last for more than 6 months with a replaceable battery with nothing to wear at night and all sleep behaviors are automatically synchronized and available on sevenhugs mobile app everyday.
hugOne is hard to explain briefly. You need to find a way to tell its story in a synthetic and convincing fashion.
The details about the product can be checked in the toolkit and guidelines below.
Your entry must include a key visual, a tagline and a short paragraph of explanation where you shall tell us why your approach is the best way to talk about this product. (150 words)
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example of an entry for this contest could be a poster that shows a child’s bed in a mess. Soft toys all over the bed, ben linen is creased, duvet is all over the place –it’s because the child had a bad night. On the poster there is a graphic that says: 9:32 pm woke up/ 10:10pm woke up/ 12:36am woke up/ 2:16am woke up/ 4:55am woke up. And the tagline says: “and you don’t want to know this?”
A short paragraph on the poster explains that 1 child out of 4 will develop a sleeping trouble and that there are ways to help children who sleep badly by, first of all, knowing that they sleep badly. Then set up routines to help them go to bed. And go to bed every day at the same time thanks to hugOne which provides help for better sleep.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 visual with tagline and up to 150 words as explanation (1 page PDF template)
Our client will be awarding the posters that will convince people to consider buying hugOne. The quality of the visual matters less than the strength and relevance of your idea.
Guidelines for this contest
- You can download the logo, the packshots and the product desciption from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English or French.
- The product is most suited for 3-13 years old children. DO NOT feature children under three, nor teenagers.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.