Invent a new premium beverage that helps hosts shake up every day party routines!
When there is a gathering at someone’s place, what the host serves to his or her guests is quite important. He or she wants to feel proud to offer something unique and tasty that is exciting and raises curiosity.
We all try to find ways to showcase our personality and stand out as hosts. Surprising guests with a new beverage and offering them a new experience is one way to break the ice, stimulate bonding and shake up the party routine.
PepsiCo believes non-alcoholic beverages can play a big role in helping people enjoy themselves and have a great time at parties. Discovering new beverages in a fun and exciting way can bring people together and make them feel closer. Also, the host gets a chance to express himself/herself by telling a story, sharing knowledge or being creative.
PepsiCo needs your help to shake up the routine of social gatherings by offering new, premium beverages to urban people in their 30s.
Invent a new beverage for adults that shakes up social get-togethers.
Your concept should enable hosts to stand out as interesting individuals and reveal their social superpowers, while breaking the ice.
Your concept must be a non-alcoholic premium beverage. It must be something that wows friends and creates good memories.
It is a drink that says something about you, as the person who offers it to her/his guests. It is not risky, i.e. it won’t make anyone feel intimidated or uncomfortable. It is surprising, because it is new or because the packaging or the drink itself provides an unexpected experience.
About the formula of the drink: it can be either cold or hot, but does not include coffee or tea, is not an energy drink, is not a smoothie, and does not contain coconut water. It can be can or bottle served, multi-serve or single serve, big or small, a limited edition or a long-lasting format – all this is up to you! This is a premium beverage, which means that it contains ingredients and a design that would make one proud to serve it at a social occasion and be willing to pay a slightly higher price than for a regular beverage.
We are asking you to invent a product concept, illustrated through a visual design (including packaging form) and answer the following questions (in less than 200 words):
- What is the name of your drink?
- What is the formula (list of ingredients)?
- How does it bring the magic of discovery and fun to a social occasion?
The target of your concept is people in their 30s who like to get together with friends to unwind. They don’t have kids so they have money to spend on entertaining. They like to visit their friends and also to host at their place sometimes. When they host friends at home, they want to surprise them, while making sure everyone has a great time. This is why they are very sensitive to what they offer to their friends as they don’t want to offer something no one likes, or an experiment people are not comfortable with.
Your drink concept must be new and breakthrough; it should be something that unleashes social superpowers! It should be premium so that people are proud to serve it – it should have quality ingredients and a high-end design.
Don’t attach your concept to any existing PepsiCo brand. Your idea will serve as inspiration for the development of a new beverage for couples in their 30s in the USA.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest: a drink with a label you can write on. Each person is given a can when arriving at the party. Everyone is asked to write something surprising or strange that has occurred during his day and hide his “secret” with a sticker (the secret could be: I dreamt that I flew/I learned something I did not know about …). Then there is a guessing game where by asking questions, others guest must guess the other person’s “interesting” fact. The drink is a lemonade with mint. It is very fresh and tasty. It is called “Surprise me” and it is a great icebreaker.
Another example: a drink made of sparkling apple juice and chili flakes. It is packed into a transparent can with red neon lettering. When you open the can there are small flecks that appear, floating in the drink. When you drink them, they are flavored and explode in your mouth. The sensations are incredible and unique. It is called “Hot drops”, it has a very intense taste and the bottle is a slim glass bottle with long neck.
Bad idea: any development of an existing drink, such as a cola with a minty flavor. Not new, not premium, not an interesting experience.
- #1 Prize €2,000
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
1 page on a white background, including 1 lead visual design (and supporting visuals if necessary) and under 200 words of text, using the template provided.
You are asked to think about original and creative ideas but also find ways to unleash social powers. The execution of your idea matters less than its originality and relevance!
Guidelines for this contest
- Remember: this drink is premium; it should have quality ingredients and a high-end design.
- It can be either cold or hot, but does not include coffee or tea. It is not an energy drink, a smoothie, nor does it contain coconut water.
- It should not be a way to mock people or make anyone uncomfortable.
- Mandatory elements: your entry must include the name of your drink, its description, its benefits and a visual.
- Download the template from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.