Inspire homemakers to try and buy Febreze.
Take a deep breath in. What do you smell? And although our sense of smell is such a vital part of our lives, it is a sense that gets bored easily. Think about this – when entering a bakery, you are very aware of the aroma but by the time you reach the check-out you no longer smell the different aromas around you. This is the same for bad odours.
Malodours have many sources, for example, children play sports and go home with sweaty, smelly sports gear, cooking leaves food odours lingering on upholstery, and even from the things that you encounter outside of the home such as smoke. The seasons bring different malodour challenges too, from thick coats smelling musty in the winter to perspiration during the hot summer months. And as your nose gets used to be bad smells quickly, you don’t realise that something just doesn’t smell right.
Febreze is a popular fabric refresher that doesn’t just mask odours, it eliminates them, giving people a breath of fresh air, so that they can inhale deeply and exhale happily. In Korea, it’s not new to the market but some women don’t understand what it does exactly, and so don’t feel the need to try it or continue buying it. Others know Febreze but think it’s old fashioned, “for my mum, not for me.”
How would you get Korean homemakers to realise the need for Febreze, make it relevant to them again, and get them to try it and buy it?
Through a simple, engaging and powerful story with visuals and text, convince Korean homemakers of the importance of keeping their lives free from bad odours with Febreze.
We needs your creativity to convince busy homemakers that keeping their homes clean and free from nasty odours is easy and effective with Febreze, helping them to provide a fresh, clean and comfortable home environment for their family.
You don’t need to be an expert on Korea to understand or identify the challenges Korean homemakers face in taking care of the family and running the home. Here are some useful insights about Korea mums: As with being a mum in many other countries, there’s usually a bit of a struggle between the roles that they play: an independent woman, a wife, and a mother. How others perceive them is a concern and they often strive to be because society expects them to be and because that’s what they want for themselves. While they work hard to keep to the highest standards, sometimes, they feel that their efforts are not always noticed and appreciated. You can also keep in mind how great you feel in a home, clean and free from nasty odours.
Help make Febreze appealing and relevant to homemakers. Share your creative and out of the box ideas to keep their homes free from nasty odours. They think that Febreze is too boring; help refresh and reframe Febreze in their eyes.
Keep in mind Febreze’s brand personality: witty and ingenious. It’s a simple and effective fabric refresher that fights bad odours that may linger at home – on your clothes and upholstery. Please note that it is not an aerosol or an air freshener.
Please answer these three questions:
- What is the idea behind your story about? Please describe it.
- What makes you think your story will convince busy homemakers to try and buy it?
- In your story, how would using Febreze make them feel?
Remember, Febreze is a fabric refresher that breathes freshness into things like clothes and upholstery; it is not an air freshener that comes in an aerosol can that you spray into the air.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
We’re talking to modern homemakers and mums, even though family is important to them, they’re not old and boring, with only the family to look after, like in the 1950s.
Example of a good entry: A homemaker welcomes her husband at the door and scrunches up her nose at the odours on his winter coat as he steps in. He has just come back from eating BBQ with his colleagues. Their two children in their pajamas run up to greet him but before he reaches to hug them, she stops them and sprays the husband thoroughly with Febreze. The kids jump into their dad’s embrace. She shakes her head, smiling, she says to her husband, “Sweetheart, sometimes it’s like taking care of a home with three children.” He smiles and hugs her, and she’s contented the nasty odours are gone.
Example of a bad entry: A woman sprays Febreze on all her furniture. They look clean and fresh. She feels very happy and proud. This is a bad entry as there is no story and nothing to grab someone’s attention and interest.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,500
- #4 Prize €500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum 3 pages PDF).
The winning entries will inspire a Febreze campaign in Korea in an emotionally engaging and relevant way that will make homemakers excited to buy the product. It will give them that feeling that they’ve done their best for the family.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English.
- Include a clear description and narrative so we understand what your story is about.
- Visualise the story so that it helps us to understand what it is about, you may use several images to illustrate it.
- Febreze is a fabric refresher that breathes freshness into things like clothes and upholstery; it is not an air freshener that comes in an aerosol can that you spray into the air.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.