Show us how you would reinvent the communication of freshness, in oral care.
People have been inventing ways to keep their mouths fresh from as early as 5000 B.C. yet little seems to have changed when it comes to talking about “freshening”.
Closeup is a well-known oral care brand that’s designed to clean and freshen your teeth and mouth. How can you help Closeup communicate freshening in a disruptive way that breaks away from the traditional freshening clichés of visuals of ice and mint?
Create a poster that will communicate Closeup freshening in a way that completely breaks the mould of clichéd oral care advertising.
Your job is to convince users that Closeup delivers freshness to get them to buy Closeup over competing oral care brands. Stay away from clichés about icy cool or minty taste! Your entry should include a visual with a tagline, as well as a description of your idea.
You can choose from any of these ways to talk about freshness:
- Reviving & Renewing: Your mouth does a lot throughout the day and at the end of the day, it’s time to put back what the day has stripped away. This is about a deeper daily clean to get back a renewed sense of real freshness. How does your idea revive and renew, “putting the fresh back” into a person’s life?
- Beauty: Beyond tooth whiteness, something about all the ways that a mouth can be beautiful beyond your teeth, including gums and breath. It’s about giving people the confidence that they look their freshest best and feel beautiful from the inside out.
- Boosting: More than just the feeling of freshening your teeth and mouth, think of either a physical or mental boost that gives you an overall feeling that you could achieve whatever you set yourself to do, infecting others with your energy and enthusiasm. It’s about helping people get ready for their day and being on top of their game.
- Hyper-awaking Your Senses: This is about a sudden, hyper-invigorating, high intensity jolt of freshness that stimulates all your senses. A pleasurable jolt that stimulates you, not a painful one. How can your idea communicate an adrenalin rush of freshness straight to your brain through your mouth?
You can draw inspiration from other products that promise freshness, such as deodorants, chewing gums, mints, air-purifiers, face mists or even beverages.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a bad idea: An image of an icy mountain top with a Closeup pack shot. This is a clichéd representation of freshness that many brands use, both oral care and other products.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 visual and up to 150 words as explanation (1 page PDF template)
Your idea should express freshness in a way that surprises and engages consumers looking for a toothpaste that delivers a fresh experience like no other.
Guidelines for this contest
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries must be in English only.
- Your entry should include a visual of your idea and a paragraph of text explaining your idea.
- Stay away from clichés of freshness such as “ice”, “cold breeze” or “mint”.
- Please submit your entry based on one of the four aspects of freshness described. If you have more than one idea, please submit it as a separate entry.
- You can use commercial library pictures for your submission. Please indicate the source.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.