Show us how young women win everyday small victories with Sunsilk.
Avoid the predictable and surprise us with your story
What are the everyday small victories that young women can win? We know that a great hair can help women with her confidence for a job interview or for a date, but what else can you think of? Think out of the box and surprise us with your story.
Meet Lauren, she’s 22 and eager to take on the world. Compared to the women in her family before her, she has more choices available, and more opportunities open to her. She juggles studying and part time work on her small business, is keen to travel, and still manages to find time for her family and friends. Being in charge of her own destiny is something that she does every day. Because she can, and because she wants to.
But there are times when she doubts; some days when things just aren’t going the way she wants them to. That’s when she needs that extra boost of confidence to keep going. With her hair on her side, she looks amazing and feels empowered – ready to overcome the next challenge.
With Sunsilk’s shampoos and conditioners, women can get great looking hair that they want, that helps them put their best foot forward in winning their everyday small victories.
Give us an authentic, fun story of how having hair on their side helps young women win everyday small victories
In a presentation with text and visuals, tell us a story about how great-looking hair with Sunsilk helps young women overcome their doubts, and achieve all that they set their minds to. These authentically real stories will be used to inspire a marketing campaign for Sunsilk shampoos and conditioners.
Think of some things young women desire from their hair. Pick one of these four hair attributes below and weave your story around this aspect of hair.
- Manageable hair
- Shiny hair
- Damage-free hair
- Straight hair
The challenges these young women face don’t need to be big obstacles nor are their goals about conquering the world. It’s about achieving the everyday small victories that help young women live their choices.
Show us the role Sunsilk plays in giving young women, aged 18-24, the confidence to be in charge of their own lives. Include a tagline that summarizes the role that great hair plays in them achieving their dreams. You don’t necessarily need to show a before and after but please convey the idea of overcoming their doubts to win their everyday small victories.
In your entry, please answer this question:
- How does having great hair make a change to the situation?
- What is different for her now that she’s used Sunsilk?
Please keep in mind Sunsilk’s brand personality: we want fun, positive, upbeat, and enjoyable stories; if there are any setbacks, there is always a solution that works out.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Think about the times when you overcame the little doubts that you faced and emerged with small victories. Do you remember what it was that helped you cross those hurdles? Draw on how good that made you feel as you write your story about our young woman.
Example of a good idea: A young journalist meets with rejection all day when she tries to interview people for a story. She’s tired and she’s feeling down. She decides to call it a day. The next day, she starts out refreshed with a shower and shampoo. Feeling recharged, she goes to the coffee shop for a coffee and meets a nice young barista. She decides to interview him and he says yes. She continues her day with confidence and enthusiasm.
Example of a bad idea: A “Cinderella story” about a woman who works in the field all day who has a dream to be beautiful. She uses Sunsilk and her world is transformed. A rich young man sees her and falls in love with her and saves her from her life of misery. We’re not looking for hardship stories or stories that aren’t authentic and real, and we’re not looking for someone to save our heroine – she has the ability to make things happen herself.
We are also not looking for the shampoo and conditioner clichés that tell a story about women waking up in the morning, using the shampoo, doing the classic hair spin and grin, and sharing that her secret is Sunsilk. There’s no bigger story here to emotionally engage with go-getting young women.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum 4 pages PDF)
The winning entries will tell emotionally engaging and authentic stories about young women that are upbeat and friendly. It needs to demonstrate the power of great hair and how SUNSILK can help our young girls win in everyday small victories.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit your stories in English;
- Please keep the tone of your story lighthearted and positive.
- We want authentic stories about real young; it’s not the over-the-top, mythical or fantastical.
- Please include a tagline that summarizes your story.
- Please download the Sunsilk logo from this toolkit.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.