Pitch us hilariously creative stories of fun and food with ZoOSh!
The aim of this contest is to select 4 finalists who will shoot their videos for ZoOSh, a brand of tasty salad dressing and mayonnaise with an attitude.
How it works:
We are looking for a series of 6 mini films, united by a common theme. After reading the brief, come up with a story that can be turned into 6 mini films and pitch it to us in a video. Please show us a storyboard (sketches, pictures) of what the scenes will look like. We will select the best ones and the brand will pick four finalists. These four finalists will receive production grants (€2,000 each) to produce the 6 mini films, and pay any actors to star in them. The four finalists selected will also win a prize of €8,000 each and have the chance to work with an award-winning creative director!
We’re looking for work that is so great, we’d be proud to submit it to Cannes for a global marketing award!
It’s healthy or tasty! That’s the saying when it comes to food. Salads are full of nutrients and freshness but a real downer on the plate, especially when you have friends or family around for a fun meal together. That’s because salad dressings are either a fancy premium affair or cheap watered-down stuff. The bottom line is that they are dull, boring and predictable. Yet it does not need to be that way!
ZoOSh is a fun, creative and adventurous brand of salad dressings and mayonnaise that’s here to jazz up your lunches, dinners and BBQs. Made of free-range ingredients, it comes in a wide range of creative and colorful flavors to excite and delight, with a bit of a crazy attitude: “Whip Crackin Rock’N Ranch”, “It Must Be Love Creamy Potato” or “Just Got Laid Free Range Egg Mayonnaise”
Can you convince us that food does not need to take itself so seriously to taste good?
Pitch us hilarious, creative and surprising stories that show how ZoOSh’s crazily tasty attitude can put the fun back into seriously boring food.
Your stories will portray a situation where ZoOSh is more likely to have an impact: a dinner party, an office lunch, a BBQ with family or friends... Ideally make it a social occasion with a group of people, not a lonely lunch in front of a computer or a romantic dinner, however if you have a great creative idea in this space, the brief is open.
Typical ZoOSh buyers are mums but the whole family enjoys it.
- Objective: Convince mums that ZoOSh is a really unique brand of salad dressing and mayonnaise that will inject fun and taste into meals.
- Big idea: With taste and a crazy attitude, ZoOSh can put the fun back into seriously boring food, so that you can have a more enjoyable and entertaining meal together.
- Visual guidelines: The ZoOSh look and feel is vibrant, cheerful, with bright colors and its logo is a black stamp.
- Tone of voice: This is a brief where you can push the limits and be cheeky! We want to be surprised!
- Brand personality: ZoOSh is not a traditional brand that talks about its classic heritage. It is a young brand about fun, taste and attitude!
- Final videos requirements: If your story is selected, you will produce one main video (15 seconds) and 5 additional variants (30 secs each, with different endings, perspectives, twists, etc.). Total: 6 videos.
You will need to include the product in the final video with the bottles visible. If you do not have access to them, we will send some to you if you are selected for the production stage.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOUR PITCH:
- A hilarious, surprising storyline that will convince mums that ZoOSh’s tasty attitude can put the fun back into seriously boring food, expressed through a story-board, or sketches/pictures with narration. This needs to be adapted across 6 videos. Tell us what’s different about the 6 videos.
- A show reel of your capabilities and best work;
- An introduction to you and your team;
- Tell us why you’re the best person to shoot the videos.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
For example you could imagine a group of people (a family, a group of friends or even a football team) and a specific environment and create 6 short stories with ZoOSh. You can use the same actors, the same location for the shooting if you want. You can change the ending, the progression; add a twist to each or even film the same story from a different character’s perspective.
You can check these tongue-in-cheek videos for reference about the tone of voice we are looking for:
- A commercial for ZoOsh in Australia
- Daily Club Results (look at the 1st prize video from mordov-centre)
- Easy Mac Results (look at the 1st prize from devonferguson)
- Heinz TVC
- Active Wear Video
Example of a bad entry for this contest: Your story is about a group of friends having a BBQ. They are all laughing and dancing. We can see that they splatter ZoOSh salad dressing on their dishes. It is a bad entry because there is no story, it is not funny nor surprising, there is nothing that will hook you up and make you want to share.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €8,000
- #3 Prize €8,000
- #4 Prize €8,000
Selected finalists will get grants to cover their production expenses.
Pitch video featuring storyboards or pictures. Check out this article about pitch videos to help you.
We are looking for talented filmmakers who could deliver fun and engaging videos that would make Australian mums laugh, while getting a message across: ZoOSh is a really unique brand of salad dressing and mayonnaise that will inject fun and taste into your meals. The final videos will be so entertaining that mums would want to share them.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English.
- Portray a social and casual occasion: BBQ, friends, colleagues, lunch, family dinner, etc.
- No go areas: Nothing too violent, gruesome, offensive, overly sexual or very distasteful, it needs to be something that isn’t going to completely alienate mums.
- You can download brand assets here.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.