Experience the great duo of Downy/Lenor detergent and fabric conditioner.
Downy/Lenor is one of the favorite fabric conditioner brand. It softens, protects and freshens fabrics, providing a delightful experience to consumers who care for their clothes and themselves.
Interestingly enough, until now Downy/Lenor detergent didn’t exist, just fabric conditioner. When doing their laundry, people had to use other detergent brands and then added Downy/Lenor fabric conditioner. But that will soon be history. Downy/Lenor fabric conditioners users will soon be able to buy a Downy/Lenor detergent! Consumers who love & trust Downy/Lenor, will soon be able to use the same brand for the whole laundry process. It just feels logical! It’s the same for beauty products: people are more inclined towards using a facial cleanser and a facial cream from the same brand. This idea is called “regimen” – it’s the idea of using several products from the same brand to achieve better results.
Downy/Lenor Detergent will provide strong cleaning and stain removal, and longer lasting freshness than any existing detergent. People who trust Downy/Lenor fabric conditioner for great scent, also trust the brand to clean the fibers well for brilliant cleaning.
When launching this new detergent, there will be two steps. Step 1 is to tell people Downy/Lenor now makes detergent as well. Then, after 6 months, Step 2 is to convince people to switch to Downy/Lenor detergent.
We‘re asking you to create two posters; 1 for each step.
Create two posters to: 1) Introduce Downy/Lenor Detergent, 2) Convince people they should buy this detergent instead of the one they buy today.
The two ideas should work well together, keeping in mind they would be used in communication one after the other, as a sequence. They need to have the same look and feel and be consistent with one another.
All products from Downy/Lenor transform fabrics into those you love to be in, by bringing scents to the clothes you love. Downy/Lenor Detergent does this, and on top provides a perfect clean.
For the first poster, you need to clearly make people understand you’re promoting the launch of a detergent. What do people expect their detergent to do? Well, to clean and remove stains. Your poster needs to clearly communicate Downy/Lenor’s brilliant cleaning performance, and link it to the long lasting scent as well.
People looking at your poster should think: “Wow I did not know Downy/Lenor has a detergent and now I know I want to try it!”
For the second poster, the creative idea to be used is the “regimen”.
Under the regimen direction, there are 2 routes you can choose from:
- Downy/Lenor detergent and fabric conditioner are designed to have complementary scents that match. (not like different scents of other brands) You don’t get clashing scents but a harmonized combination of scents that in the end provides you longer lasting freshness.
- Downy/Lenor detergent and fabric conditioner are designed to boost each other's efficacy. Downy/Lenor detergent cleans fabric fibers deep-in to remove all the dirt thoroughly, so that Downy/Lenor fabric conditioner penetrates more effectively into fibers and locks & seals its perfume capsules for longer lasting freshness.
Follow one of these 2 routes. Please don’t come up with a different route.
People looking at your poster should think: “Now that I know Downy/Lenor detergent not only clean very well, but also brings long lasting freshness/scent, I want to buy it definitely!”
We would like you to explain your ideas well and explicitly state which route you’re taking for poster #2.
Please create two posters- for each step, with a tagline for each of them.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for poster #1 could be the visualization of something like: the only detergent that perfectly cleans but also smells like French perfumes.
The second poster could be around the idea of two products that work together. There is a picture of a shining skin of a woman. It’s a metaphor to represent how two products work together to make something happen. Facial cleanser cleans pores very well so that facial moisturizer can penetrate deep into the well-cleaned pores and nourishes the skin. You need both for a great looking skin – this is called ‘regimen’ of skin care category. Here we are looking for ‘regimen’ of laundry category.
A bad idea: series of two posters with “before and after” type of visualization. It’s a cliché of laundry communication and it’s not around the creative direction of “regimen”.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
2 posters with tagline for each and a paragraph of text. (3 pages max in PDF)
The objective is twofold: find ideas to introduce Downy/Lenor and find ideas to convince. The two posters have to work well together and work as a sequence. The jury will award the most creative/on the objective submissions and those that are the closest to the brand.
Guidelines for this contest
- Downy/Lenor is originally a fabric conditioner brand that will launch a detergent. It’s a very trusted brand that people love. It’s premium and superior to other brands.
- Download the logo from the toolkit.
- You can use the white detergent pack in the toolkit to create your posters. Or you can use any other image from the Internet (not from another brand ideally- just a blank one)
- Any entry with only one print will be rejected.
- Entries should be submitted in English.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.