Wow us with a revolutionary oral care solution that will bring a new freshness to people’s lives.
One additional aspect of freshness to inspire you further
There are now a total of 5 aspects of freshness for you to build your innovation. Please see the 5th aspect of 'Cleaning' in the brief and be inspired.
Did you know that oral hygiene was a top priority in society as early as 5000 BC? As face-to-face communication has been the most fundamental and foundational form of interaction since the beginning of the human race, it’s no wonder that throughout the ages, people have been inventing ways and means to keep their mouths fresh.
But what does fresh really mean to people today? There are so many products that promise to do this, from the oral care products that we’re used to, to mints and chewing gums, and they all communicate it the same way with icy cold visuals.
Closeup is well-known oral care brand with a core product focus on toothpaste. And they want your help for out of the box ideas to expand their offering with new and revolutionary oral care innovations that will bring a new aspect of freshness to people’s lives.
Start the next oral care revolution with a new solution that will get people to experience freshness in a brand new way.
Oral care products traditionally centre around three products: toothbrushes, toothpastes, and mouthwashes. Closeup wants to widen their offering so don’t just limit your ideas to what currently exists. Besides these traditional products, we want to see what you can come up with. You could be the inventor of the next tooth cleaning formula, a special device, or even something you eat!
Closeup would love to get your ideas for new oral care solutions that don’t exist yet but will create new freshness experiences for the user, but there are many aspects to freshness. Please choose 1 out of the 5 aspects of freshness that you wish to build your innovation on:
- Reviving & Renewing: Your mouth does a lot throughout the day and at the end of the day, it’s time to put back what the day has stripped away. Sometimes, you need a deeper daily clean to get back a renewed sense of real freshness. How does your new innovation revive and renew, “putting the fresh back” into the user’s life?
- Beauty: Often when we think of how good teeth look, we just think of tooth whiteness. This is important but we think that there is more to it. Here is your chance to invent something that isn’t just about making teeth “whiter than white,” something that encompasses all the ways that a mouth can be beautiful; in addition to your teeth, think about your entire mouth including gums, breath and alignment. This is about individual expressions of oral beauty that will give people the confidence that they look their freshest best and feel beautiful from the inside out.
- Boosting: This aspect of freshening isn’t just about the feeling of fresh for your teeth and mouth. It can be either a physical of mental boost that gives you an overall feeling of getting ahead or creates an actual advantage for yourself or your family. It’s about elevating the idea of fresh from just cleaning the teeth and mouth to the effect it has on your whole person, helping you do more or achieve more in other aspects of your life. How can your oral care innovation help set you up for the day and enable you to be on top of your game?
- Hyper-awaking Your Senses: This oral care solution brings a sudden, hyper-invigorating, high intensity jolt of freshness that stimulates all your senses. It’s about a pleasurable jolt that stimulates you, not a painful one. Invent a new oral care solution that will deliver an adrenalin rush of freshness straight to your brain through your mouth.
- Cleaning: This aspect of freshness is fundamental to why we use oral care products and provides the reassurance that your and your family’s mouths and teeth are free of visible dirt and bacteria. It's about safeguarding against threats to your dental health as well as giving you the confidence to interact with others socially, knowing that your mouth looks, feels and smells clean. How can your oral care solution give users a new way of deep cleansing their whole mouth (and removing problem bacteria)?
Think of the freshness experience across your five senses and all the areas of your mouth – your tongue, gums, mouth, teeth and breath. Tell us exactly how your idea works and describe in detail, what is happening inside the mouth that leads to that all-round feeling of freshness.
Please answer the following three questions:
- Which aspect of freshness did you choose? Tell us why you chose it.
- What is unique about your oral care solution and how does it work?
- How does the way it is packaged and used support its freshness properties?
Your idea can be a product or an oral care routine or a system. It can be a quick fix solution or it can revolve around extended timeframes and rituals.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: Instead of a toothpaste, how about a refreshing drink that does the job. Not only does it clean your teeth, its two variants get you ready for what you need. The morning variant is an invigorating one that sets you up for the day and gives you a boost of energy; the relaxing one in the evening calms you and gets you ready for bed so that you’ll be at your best the next day. Not only does this clean, it sets you on your best foot forward for the challenges ahead. Now, we need you to show us how that comes to life!
Example of a bad entry: A new and fresh toothpaste flavour. There’s nothing wrong with a new flavour but the idea of inventing new flavours isn’t new in itself. We want to widen the landscape with a revolutionary oral care solution.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum 3 pages PDF).
We are looking for innovative ideas from any of the five aspects of freshening that will revolutionise how we look after our teeth and mouths. Bring to life the experience of freshness in multi-sensorial ways that are truly out of the box. The winning ideas will not only showcase truly fresh thinking and creativity; they will vividly show how the solution works inside the mouth that leads to an overall feeling of freshness.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Your entry should include a visual of your oral solution and how it will be packaged.
- Please answer the 3 questions above.
- Your ideas should be believable and relevant to oral hygiene.
- Please submit your entry based on one aspect of freshness. If you have more than one idea, please submit it as a separate entry.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.