Create the ideal bespoke beauty experience for a French cosmetic brand.
Contest extension and tips
Great news! We have decided to give you more time to send us your amazing ideas! Indeed, the contest will now be ending on October 25th at 23h59 UTC. This gives you one more week to share your creative and innovative ideas on your ideal tailor-made beauty experience concept!
Here are some useful tips and advices on how to tackle the challenge:
- Remember, we are looking for an experience, NOT for a new product!
- You don’t need to know about the French cosmetics market! This contest is about imagining and putting into words what YOU would need or want! Imagine what your ideal personalized beauty experience would be and share it with us!
- Think about what could happen in-store? Could you book a time slot so you don’t have to wait up for a beauty advisor to be available? What if this was done in group? Imagine you could book the cosmetics brand store for you and your friends to get a tailor-made master class given by experts?
Many cosmetics brands claim to offer women miracle products. There are so many that it’s hard to choose.
What if the perfect product for one woman would be one that is tailored to her? Your skin is unique- as you are, and there’s no “one-size-fits-all” when it comes to beauty!
The brand we’ll travel with in this contest is a famous French cosmetic brand. It’s what we call a “Doctor Brand”. The founder of the brand was a Doctor; it’s a brand that has a scientific reputation. It is a specialist in anti-aging skin care, based on scientific expertise and provides the best value for money anti-aging face care products.
This brand has a portfolio of bespoke skin care products. For example, they have an iconic skin care where you pick several active ingredients from a choice of 8 in total, depending on your skin type and what you want to achieve. Simply empty the contents of each concentrate into your chosen cream and enjoy your bespoke cream! Because our sponsor knows that women crave bespoke skin care, they offer women the chance to create it themselves!
This brand now wants to push the bespoke concept to the next level. They want to invent the ideal experience of bespoke beauty for every women.
Can you help finding a ground-breaking and innovative experience that would appeal to as many women as possible?
How could a famous French cosmetics brand provide the ideal tailored experience to women - in stores, over the phone, in real places, on the Internet?
Imagine and tell us about your ideal bespoke beauty experience. It has to be something new and disruptive and it should be something that brings a benefit to women.
If you want to increase your chances of winning, we encourage you to respect the following “do’s and don’ts”:
- We are looking for ideas that a famous French cosmetic brand could establish as a lasting way to interact with women, not something that only happens once.
- It can’t be an app or something that is only based on technology. Technology can be a tool to make the experience happen but there should be a part that involves human interaction. Also, we welcome ideas that use devices but it can’t be only this (i.e.: just an electronic cleanser is not a bespoke experience).
- It has to be a global experience where women are involved at several stages.
- It has to be something useful for women.
- Finally it should be new - this brand wants to change the game!
Please create a document of 4 pages: on the first page put only images (with short legends if you want). On the others, put text and answer questions:
- What is the name of your idea and how does it work (mechanics, places, overall experience)?
- What frustration/issue does it solve?
- What is new about it?
- What is the benefit for women?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea: the whole experience is called: “Always beautiful”. Imagine Isabella. She’s not only looking for the best skin care products but also for some support, because she does not know much about beauty. Isabella is asked to take selfies when she wakes up, at lunch time and at night. She has to send the pictures to the brand’s website. Someone analyses the pictures and sends to the woman three skin care samples that are tailor-made, based on the results of the first test. Isabella will have to select the product she likes best and go to a store to buy it. In the store, she can also get a diagnosis of her skin type if she did not want to take the “selfie test”. She leaves the shop with her personalized beauty cream. Then, throughout the day, she will get personalized advice over the phone. The advice is about: what she needs to do to keep her skin beautiful and also remarks and positive thoughts. This could be things such as: “Good Morning Isabella, you’re beautiful today. After you moisturize your face, don’t forget to smile at yourself in the mirror”. Or at night “Make-up removal is an essential step for your oily skin. Sleep well, you deserve nice dreams!”
All this will be done in order to create a strong emotional relationship between the brand and its consumers. The advice will be of course tailored to each client. There could also be meet-ups in real life. The brand will provide master-classes about make-up, hairdressing, styling and anything else relating to beauty. Women will be happy to meet a community of women in their neighborhood and be happy to share beauty secrets!
A bad idea: a smartphone app in which women can order their personalized jar of skin care. It’s not new, it’s not an experience and it’s too techy (without human interaction).
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
A presentation with your ideas (4 pages MAX).
The goal of this contest is to suggest original, interesting and creative ways for a French cosmetic brand to connect with women through a totally new experience and new activities. The winning ideas will be those that bring a new benefit to women. We encourage you to start from frustrations women might have and think about solutions to these frustrations.
Guidelines for this contest
- It’s important that your ideas follow the guidelines stated above in the brief.
- Ideas must be easy to understand. Anything too complicated or not clear will not be accepted.
- Avoid 100% technology solutions.
- Think “benefit” and “useful”!
- Think fresh, inspiring and relevant to women.
- Think beyond just a beauty program “1. Clean, 2. Moist etc.”
- Entries should be in English or French.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.