Show us how Mustela could be part of an essential caring moment between babies and their parents.
Parents of babies mostly think that their babies’ skin is perfect from birth on. They don’t think that hydration is essential.
When they do hydrate their babies’ skin, it’s more often in the case of a rash or specific skin problem. And it’s perceived as a constraint. Because it has to be done to repair the skin and because baby suffers; it’s a difficult moment.
Mustela, from The Expanscience Laboratories, is the expert brand in babies’ skin care. Mustela provides expertise to babies and parents: Mustela has been doing research for 11 years and discovered that the skin of a newborn has a surprising source of strength: a unique stem cell reserve that is at its maximum at birth. This resource is vulnerable and fragile. Hence it needs to be protected, and this can be achieved easily with daily hydration with Mustela.
The range of Mustela products has recently been reinvented. They now contain an average of 92% of natural ingredients and are highly efficient for skin hydration, allowing:
- the skin cells to function perfectly, as water is the main fuel for cells;
- the skin to be protected from aggressive external factors;
- the capital of stem cells to be preserved.
But beyond its expertise and scientific approach to babies’ skin, Mustela has also a strong emotional side. They believe that hydrating babies can be an occasion for a bonding moment between parents and babies. It can be a pleasure, something that comes naturally as part of the ritual, in the same way as bathing is a pleasure for most parents.
Mustela has two sides: the expertise and the emotion. Mustela would like to convince parents that hydration is essential and that Mustela is their best ally to create a nice and gentle moment.
Create an inspiring poster that touches parents and convince them that babies’ skin is fragile and needs the expert hydration of Mustela.
Your poster must be composed of a visual and a tagline. It should appeal to moms and dads and the key thing they should think when looking at it is: “All right, I should take the time to hydrate my baby’s skin- and Mustela products will help me do that.”
Along with your poster, we’d love to hear details about your idea. Please answer the following:
- What is your idea about?
- How do you think it will convince parents?
- How will it make Mustela hydration products stand out from the crowd?
Also, if you’d like to add any other visuals, drawings or text, feel free to do it on the third page of the template – the “moodboard page”.
Don’t blame parents or lecture them. Don’t be too scientific. Talk to their minds and hearts; move them instead of moralizing them.
Find the right balance between showing Mustela as the expert in babies’ skin and the enabler of a bonding moment between parents and babies.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good creative idea: Hydration is part of the beauty ritual. Moms use moisturizers in the morning and after they remove make-up. It is obvious to them, so why wouldn’t they want to do this for their babies?
The poster could show a woman who is looking at herself in the mirror and putting on some skin care. In the background, on the mirror, we see a baby – one year old, sitting and looking at his mom with gentle eyes and hope. Mom understands and tells to herself: “of course my little boy needs hydration too!” The tagline could say: “Mustela is here to take care of all babies because they all deserve daily hydration.”
Another way to convince parents about the benefits of hydration is to tell them that the moment they put a cream onto their baby can become a special moment of bonding. Changing a dirty diaper is not a great moment for many parents…. But hydrating is not diapering! Mustela smells good, and massaging your baby can really be a nice moment. Baby looks at you and you talk to him; his skin is really soft and you know you’re doing good to your child. The poster could then show a dad playing and tickling his baby… Baby smiles and daddy smiles. They’re having a great time thanks to Mustela!
The bad idea: Something too scientific that shows men in white smocks making the Mustela products. This would not appeal to parents and it does not show that hydration matters.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Poster: Photo or illustration with text explanation and moodbaord (moodboard is not mandatory - 2 or 3 pages in total; PDF only).
The ideal poster is one that brings to life the expertise of Mustela as well as conveying an emotional message that can truly convince parents. Mustela should be introduced as the brand that has the right balance of expertise and emotion.
Guidelines for this contest
- Watch this video to know more about the brand.
- The age ranges concerned are babies and children from birth to 6 years old.
- Remember: Mustela wants to move parents, not lecture them. Don’t pick an over scientific approach or your idea will not be accepted.
- Don’t base your idea only on the emotions either. You need to balance expertise and emotion in your poster.
- Download the logo and a product shot from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.