Show how Mucinex tackles mucus at its source through an original demo.
We all intrinsically know life is great, but when we feel ill, it could definitely break our day - especially when we are suffering from little pains such as chest congestion, sinus pain or colds & flu. These conditions all have a common problem at their heart: Mucus!
An excess of mucus feels like a ton of bricks on our chest. Sufferers of excess mucus feel miserable but need to carry on with their lives. Mucus is very disruptive, so when it’s cleared out, it’s such a relief.
Mucinex has found that the best way to help people feel truly relieved is to get rid of mucus at its source. Mucinex is a product that contains a special ingredient called Guaifenesin. It is the most effective at helping the body tackle the problematic excess of mucus. Guaifenesin works inside the body by thinning and loosening mucus, improving its flow so that it can easily come out of the body, through coughing or blowing your nose. It is a true mucus-hunter that helps people live their day to the fullest!
How could we explain that to people in a store when they shop for remedies? We need your help to create an eye catching and self-explanatory demo for Mucinex!
Find a creative and attractive way to show how Mucinex provides the best relief by tackling excess mucus at its source, with a physical demo idea that will work in stores.
We need you to explain how Mucinex works!
Think of demo ideas that someone could perform in a store, or an installation that works on its own, or with some help. You could use analogies, metaphors or something else that is more literal. Your demo needs to capture people’s attention and explain, clearly and quickly, how the product works and why it is a superior product.
This is what your demo idea needs to express:
- The mode of action of Guaifenesin- This is how it works in 3 steps:
- It thins out mucus;
- It improves the flow of mucus in our body, by helping the body break it down and make it thinner.
- It helps our body get rid of excess mucus. – Because it now flows easier so you can cough it out.
- How it delivers a fast relief feeling to users; because it helps gets rid of the mucus.
Please answer the following question with your entry:
- If your demo idea was used in a store, what else could be done in addition to it? (Think of events, games, promotions…).
Mucinex is distributed in the US – which means the products are sold in pharmacies and supermarkets (when a pharmacist is present).
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Ask yourself these questions before beginning: How does it work? How can you show the efficiency of the product? How could you put forward the main ingredient of the Guaifenesin product?
A good example:
Imagine a glass casing. Inside we would have the 3D face of a person. There is a “personified mucus” as a little plastic character escaping from the person’s mouth. There is a big button titled “Guaifenesin”. When the button is pressed, we would hear a coughing sound and character will melt, showing the loosening effect. The creative direction will be inspired by the Marvel superheroes universe. Every time someone would want to understand how the product works, he would put a new “mucus” character in the box, ready to be melted by “Guaifenesin”.
A bad example:
We would have a visual in which we would see someone feeling pain from his illnesses. We would have a tagline saying, “Mucinex helps you to feel relief from your pain”. It is not a good example as it is not a product-demo, which explains how Mucinex works. Also, it is not disruptive at all.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
PDF, visuals and descriptions.
A catchy and a creative physical demo idea that clearly shows how the product works and its superior efficiency, which could be used in stores.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your idea must be easily used in an in-store product-demo;
- You can download the logo, the packshot and the personified mucus here;
- Entries must be in English.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.