Entertain us with the story of living by yourself!
“Hello mom? How do I turn on the stove??”
Remember your first night in an apartment away from your parents, when you had to do your own cooking, cleaning up and laundry.
You couldn’t figure out how to turn on the stove, nor did you know what to cook so you ended up having only fast food for too many days. Also, you didn’t know how to use the washing machine so you let dirty clothes pile up! What tough times!
You realize how generous your parents were to you those days. They were only a phone call away for help!
Moving out is a major milestone towards adulthood for most people, many of whom do so when they move to another town or city to study and embrace new experiences. For the first time in their lives, there are no parents to say “no.” The exhilaration of freedom feels unparalleled.
Leopalace21 is a leading innovator in apartment rentals with a focus on strengthening their offer to young people and students who’re moving out of their parents’ homes and living by themselves For these customers, Leopalace21 offers rental apartments that are suitable for the next chapter of a young person’s life.
We want you to unleash your creativity and imagine what could happen in these rooms.
Create a funny, entertaining and emotionally engaging video that shows the weird and wonderful things that can happen when a young person is living their new life to the fullest in their own rooms.
Of course moving away from your family is tough but it’s fun. It’s full of mistakes, discoveries but it’s great because it’s exciting! In your video, show us the experiences that a young person could have living on their own. Your video could be about enjoying great experiences or show the hilariousness of making mistakes as long as the end outcome feels positive.
Think about the emotions this young person might be feeling – excitement, relief, joy, fear, bewilderment – and bring those emotions to life through a funny, witty, and entertaining story in your video. Make your video really appealing and engaging to young persons between the ages of 18 and 22 who are making the decision to live alone.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: A university student who’s settled into his own apartment films himself giving advice to a freshman who is about to move into his first apartment. The student said to a freshman he should customize his room freely. So this is what he did! He wanted his room to have a tropical atmosphere. He shares his story of how his finger got injured by doing a lot of DIY! He also tells how he has been scolded by the landlord because he bored so many holes and painting in yellow and blue the ceilings and walls!
We want to see hilarious and entertaining stories where you invent your own personal stories or share real experiences.
Example of a bad entry: A functional tour of a room and a kitchen with no social story behind it. This is not a video brochure of a rental apartment.
- #1 Prize €7,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Video or animation – maximum 60 seconds.
The best entries excite young people about the prospect of living by themselves, and inspire them to get their own apartment, because in the end, these moments are the greatest! It will be funny and entertaining, a video that a young person would want to share with their friends.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English or in Japanese. For other languages, please make sure you have English subtitles.
- Your video must be genuine and personal. It should not look like an advertisement.
- Please do not submit entries with sexual or offensive content, or those that are linked to alcohol or drugs.
- Please include the Leopalace21 end frame in your video. You may download it here.
- The video will be used on various platforms, including the Leopalace21 It must be high quality. We are looking for videos with good creative execution that can be used straightaway.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.