Give babies (and moms) a restful night by packaging the perfect nighttime solution!
Put yourself in the shoes of a mom who has recently given birth. She is probably a first time or second-time mom with a young baby between 6 to 18 months old. The baby does not sleep well at night. As a result, she is tired, frustrated and desperate for a solution to get her baby to fall asleep faster and for longer through the night.
JOHNSON’S offers a clinically proven 3 steps bedtime routine that helps babies fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. JOHNSON’S bedtime products contain NATURALCALM® aromas to help soothe baby before bed. And when baby sleeps better – everyone sleeps better. After a good night’s sleep, baby also has better healthy and brain development. A good night’s sleep really leads to a better tomorrow.
There are so many baby products on the shelves. How can we let moms know that these are the right products to help her baby sleep better?
Design an arresting packaging add-on (secondary packaging) and a gift box idea that will get moms, or their concerned friends to notice and understand that Johnson’s bedtime routine when complemented with these products are the solution to a restful sleep.
For this contest we need you to design 2 things:
- A packaging add-on (also known as secondary packaging). This is something that can be added to the existing bottle of the bedtime bath product, bedtime lotion product and bedtime powder product. It needs to grab sleep-deprived mom’s attention and convey the right message of the Bedtime Routine (Massage, Bath & Quiet Time). It could be 2D or 3D (stickers, wrappers, objects attached to it…).
- In addition, please design a gift box for a special occasion that will package the bedtime bath, bedtime lotion and bedtime powder into a regime sleep set solution, again conveying the right message of the Bedtime Routine (Massage, Bath & Quiet Time). This is a way to combine these products together in a bundle so that it is picked up together at once. The box will be either bought by moms themselves or by their friends, family members or colleagues as a gift.
JOHNSON’S clinically proven three-steps bedtime routine:
- Cleanse: Give baby a warm bath with our bedtime bath product.
- Massage: Help calm and relax baby with your soothing touch using our bedtime lotion. Complement the routine with Johnson’s baby bedtime powder that freshens baby and leave skin soft and smooth so that it helps keep baby feel comfortable while sleeping.
- Quiet Time: Spend a few minutes reading, singing or just being together before bedtime.
This routine helps babies sleep up to one hour longer.
The secondary packaging and gift box need to work independently. That is if JOHNSON’S decides just to use the secondary packaging, moms should get the message. This applies to the gift box too.
This information about JOHNSON’S will help you set the right tone of voice and design approach:
JOHNSON’S drives happy and healthy baby development through enriching baby care rituals that unlock and release the full power of the senses. Recognised as the voice of a knowledgeable and supportive friend who believes in playful progress. A trusted brand with strong science support, that goes to bat for the wriggly noisy joyride of life with baby.
All JOHNSON’S communication should seem like it is coming from a straight-talking friend; authentic, honest and transparent.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You could imagine a sleeping, smiling baby head that will attach to the bottle’s cap. When you touch it it makes a cute snoring sound. The gift box idea would be a baby cradle that could be reused to store baby wipes when mom uses the products inside.
Your packaging does not need to have an additional function like in this example. This is just to show you that you can be imaginative and think beyond simple designs for your idea.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
PDF with 1 secondary packaging design and 1 gift box design, with explanations (3 pages max).
The ideal entry will be attention catching as the products are competing for attention on the shelves with many other baby products. It will instantly convey the benefit of adopting a regular bedtime routine and using Johnson’s special designed bedtime products as part of the nightly routine. It will be original and distinctive and of course, work with what JOHNSON’S stands for.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not change the existing bottle label design and bottle packaging. You will add to what already exist.
- Do not directly claim the products themselves will deliver sleep benefits. It is based on adopting a regular bedtime routine. Bedtime products with NATURALCALM® aromas are a complement to help soothe babies before bed.
- With your entry, tell us why your design will capture moms’ attention and get them to instantly understand these products are specially designed for use during bedtime routine as one holistic sleep solution.
- You can download the logo and pictures of the bottles here.
- Don’t forget that your idea needs to fit on a supermarket shelf!
- We only accept entries in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.