Take the risk out of painting through a great decorative journey with AkzoNobel.
People want to improve their living space and create the most beautiful home. Using paint is a great way to add color and create a positive atmosphere at home.
However the risk of failure when using paint is relatively high, as people might be disappointed by the end result. Then they have to live with it, and feel like they have wasted money. This risk is often the reason people decide to drop out of the decorative journey and decide not to buy or use paint at all.
People are looking for new ways to reduce this risk in the following three areas:
- Choose the right color, style and paint product in an often confusing and complex sea of choices .
- Use the paint in a way that will not fail and will therefore meet expectations.
- Work together with and get support from the right people (painters, designers, peers, social media, etc.) to start and finish the job properly and successfully.
AkzoNobel is one of the world's leading decorative paints companies. And with decorative paint for all kinds of surfaces, they want to add color to people’s lives by improving their living spaces. Currently AkzoNobel already offers people testers so they can try the color at home in advance and a digital visualization app to get an impression of how the color would look like and match with the furniture at home.
Now they need your innovative and creative ideas in the three areas mentioned above to further reduce the risks of failure and to assure consumers buy the right paint to either use themselves, or ask painters to do the job for them.
In a presentation with text and visuals, give us ideas to assure consumers that they will achieve the best end results when decorating with Azkonobel paints.
Wow us with your ideas in any of the three areas listed above. We are looking for great ideas for new paint products or services that reduce risk of failure and help to achieve the best paint results in your home.
For paint product ideas, think about really new product innovation. It could be a new idea or it could build/improve on the formulation, delivery or application of existing paint products.
For services, think about what online or mobile services, in-store services, or personalized face-to-face services AkzoNobel could offer consumers who intend to paint their homes.
Clearly describe what the product or service is about, and how it helps to reduce the risk for the consumer. Please be specific in the description of what the product or service is about, and how the consumer will benefit from it!
Please avoid ideas about communication (advertising, communication claims, website layout, and packaging designs) or promotion (in-store merchandise materials, point of sale materials and displays).
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: Consumers can buy Testers that come in small 50ml bottles of Azkonobel paints with a brush or roller attached. They are available in all colors and consumers can buy multiple colors to try at home to see which colors meet their expectations and/or match their furniture. Simply apply the paint to a part of the wall. If they like the color they can go back to the store and buy the amount of paint they need or order the paint online by keying in the color code indicated on the tester. Testers enable them to find, combine and get an impression of the right colors for their home in an easy way.
Example of a bad entry: Advertising or communications messages, for an example a print ad or a store display that talk about how the AzkoNobel colors are the same on your wall as on the color collateral you see at the store. We want to really make a difference in consumers’ home decorating experience, starting from when they step into a store to choose their paints.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
1 page visuals and 1 page text description, maximum 2 pages (PDF).
We want to see out of the box ideas that will delight the consumers with a truly unique AkzoNobel experience right from the very start.
Create a clear description of the idea and keep it single minded. Any small idea can make a big difference to the consumers. Do not try to add all ideas and features into one idea, but keep it simple and straightforward. Product and service innovations can be combined but make sure they make sense together.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English.
- Clear description and narrative so we understand what product or service is about and how it works.
- Visualize the idea so that it helps us to understand what it is about, especially explaining how to use the paint, how to apply the paint or use the system, if relevant!
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.