Max out your passions with Duracell-powered entertainment.
Imagine the joy and excitement of your little boy opening the robot dinosaur you bought him for his birthday. Or enjoying your favorite music on portable speakers that you’ve brought to a picnic in the park. How about a remote-controlled car race where speed and maneuverability are of the utmost importance? How disappointing would it be if your devices didn’t work as well as they could, in order for you to enjoy them fully?
Most people think that a battery is simply a battery – they’re all the same. But that’s not the case: Duracell batteries make smart multi-functional toys perform better with louder sounds, brighter lights, faster movements; game console controllers and hand-held gaming devices more responsive; the sound quality from portable speakers improved, etc. – giving you better entertainment experience and pleasure in the activities you’re passionate about.
People believe that Duracell is the longest lasting battery but they don’t spend much time thinking about them or the differences between brands. How can you convince people that Duracell batteries make devices perform better to give maximum entertainment pleasure?
In a surprising and entertaining way, show how Duracell batteries are must-haves for everyone who wants their passions and hobbies to give them maximum entertainment value.
Think of occasions where battery-powered devices take center stage. They could be daily passions in the home where activities involve using battery-operated devices (for example, smart toys, hand-held game consoles, or music devices). Or consider out-of-home activities where you might want to be entertained on the go. Also think about important celebrations in your country like holidays or popular events or perhaps weather or seasonal changes specific to your local area.
We want to see creative ideas that dramatize how Duracell batteries give you greater entertainment experience in the things and activities that you’re passionate about.
Please ensure you feature battery-operated devices and the Pink Bunny in your video (we only have an image of him), where Bunny is playful, fun loving, mischievous, cuddly, sweet, and cute but don’t spend too much time on Bunny – the idea of powering passions is more important. Featuring the Duracell battery is optional.
Your video should be entertaining and could even be a little mischievous – we want it to be engaging. It should be family-friendly, one that both adults and children can relate to. Please ensure you answer the following three questions in your media description:
- What is the idea behind your video?
- Think about the occasion(s) featured in your video– what have you chosen and why?
- How does Duracell power people’s passions to give them the greatest entertainment moments?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: A remote-controlled racing car achieving maximum maneuverability and speed as it travels between two locations on an actual road, driving alongside a real car with a passenger controlling the racing car’s steering from inside the moving car. Perhaps this takes place during the Grand Prix in Monaco where there’s a Remote Control Grand Prix? We want to show how Duracell batteries power up the fun and enjoyment that people experience from the battery-operated devices.
Example of a bad entry: Split screen entries featuring the same device, one powered by Duracell batteries and the other powered by un-branded batteries will be rejected. There must be a convincing story that shows how people’s passions are powered by Duracell batteries in order to bring your video to life.
For more information on Duracell batteries, here are two types of videos:
- Duracell battery TVCs (watch them here: 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Duracell battery demos (watch them here: 1, 2, 3, 4)
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation (max 60 sec)
The brand will award original, engaging and creative ideas that could be used to inspire a Duracell campaign in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America; ideas that show Duracell batteries giving people the best entertainment experiences they can imagine because their devices perform faster and better.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entries should be suitable for a broad range of audiences that both adults and children can relate to.
- Your idea should be entertaining and engaging. Please do not submit entries with sexual or offensive content. It should not be ironic, mocking, denigrating, or include black humor.
- Entries must be in English or in any other language as long as it is subtitled in English.
- You can download the Duracell brand assets here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.