Invent the next generation of cleaning & disinfecting wipes with Lysol!
For Moms & Dads with young children, who take pride in protecting the home from germs & sickness, a clean & disinfected home equals wellbeing. They want their home to be their family’s healthy cocoon. Since they also want to spend as much time as they can with their children, pets and husband instead of cleaning, they want a tough, but convenient instant clean & disinfection they can rely on. For example, when food hits the floor, or they simply want to quickly disinfect the surface that her child is playing on, they like to wipe it up with one easy gesture, and throw it away, instead of leaving it until the next big clean.
Grandparents have similar needs when their grand children come for a visit, whether for an afternoon or a week. They want to clean & disinfect on the spot easily to keep their precious grand-children healthy & the house clean.
Lysol’s wipes help both parents & grandparents keep the house clean & germ free, as well as their disposable nature. They help keep hard surfaces germ free: kitchen surfaces, bathrooms, furniture, toys and even car interiors. Lysol’s wipes are known & trusted as parents “best friend” and a “champion of health” who helps her care for the family.
However, some Moms & Dads see wipes as too expensive, too chemical, not safe, not nice to touch and not environmentally friendly, or think they dry out too much. And some just haven’t considered buying them before because they think other cleaning products are more effective, and convenient enough.
Invent the next super convenient solution for surface cleaning and disinfection that will appeal to more parents and grandparents.
Your idea should be better than wipes. We are looking for new ideas, formats, cleaning gestures, packaging, etc. that expertly clean & disinfect surfaces and which are easy to use for small or big cleans. Your idea should appeal to both Parents and Grandparents who currently use wipes, and to those who don’t.
Lysol is the brand in the US. It’s called Dettol in the UK, France and Saudi Arabia, and Sagrotan in Germany, it’s 4 biggest markets.
As a reference, wipes are relatively premium, but still mass market, so this new generation disinfectant shouldn’t cost more than US$5.00 a pack.
We need you to illustrate your product idea and to answer the 3 following questions:
- How does it work? Please explain how it’s used / applied
- Tell us a story about cleaning & disinfecting occasions for which it would be ideal
- Tell us why Moms should buy this vs existing trigger sprays or wipes?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good product idea could be a disposable glove with a disinfecting exterior that can be used as a wipe. This way Moms can use it just as one uses wipes, but they don’t have to touch the wipe exterior and they can still clean & disinfect hard surfaces in the home.
A bad product idea would be a similar product in a different format (i.e. bigger or thicker) or an idea that doesn’t clean, disinfect and which is complicated to use.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with images and text (PDF, 5 pages maximum.)
An idea that will propel the wipes to the next generation. A product idea that will deliver convenient and superior cleaning and disinfection, potentially tackling the reasons why people don’t buy wipe at the moment.
Guidelines for this contest
- We don’t want just better wipes – e.g. thicker, bigger, longer-lasting or simply better at cleaning or disinfecting ;
- It must be able to kill germs/disinfect on hard surfaces;
- It cannot be existing formats like Liquid Pours, Sprays, including the new tap-top format for kitchen counters ;
- For more information regarding the existing product range, look at Lysol.com, Dettol.co.uk, sagrotan.de, stmarc.fr
- It cannot contain bleach ;
- Entries must be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.