How could scent-on-demand change your life, and the lives of those around you?
New contest deadline
We have great news for you!
Since today, 13th of August, the contest deadline has been extended till 19th August! You now have two more days to finalize your ideas and to win up to €3000!
This contest is about scent, not as perfume, but scent that people use for their home, their cars, their office, for a shop or a restaurant, a hospital or a park … in short, for any home or public space. Scents play a bigger role than we think in our lives. They help us eliminate bad odors, freshen up the air, change or accompany our mood, attract or repel people, create memories and moments, help us recognize where we are and can influence how we feel, and how others feel about us.
Imagine that a company came up with a new device that dispenses scents on demand. You could use it via any connected device, including a smartphone. It is programmable and portable, able to dispense scent in any space. The scent could be customized and delivered as you wish, including personalizing scents according to the environment, the time, people in a room…
The company invented the technology, now it needs your help to find creative ways to use it.
Create an advertising poster that shows how you would use this scent-on-demand technology in a home, public or commercial space.
It uses patented scent-release technology to release pure perfume oils. You can adjust the intensity so it’s just right for your smallest to your largest room. The result is an authentic, longer-lasting and powerful scent experience. It is fully rechargeable and distributes scent with the use of any connected device, including smartphones. Refills of varying scent are available and can easily be replaced within the device. And unlike others, this scent release technology does not use a propellant-based mechanism.
Do not reinvent the technology or be bogged down by perceived limitations. Think of all its potential and the ways it could be communicated. In an ideal world, how would you like to see it used?
Create an advertising poster to illustrate your idea and tell us what it is by answering these 4 questions:
- Why? Why do you think there is a need or an opportunity in the physical space you chose?
- What? What is your idea? How do you use the technology and to what effect?
- For whom? Who is the target user? What job would it do or for what occasion would this technology be most useful? How would it leave the user feeling?
- Which brands? What would you call it? What name would you give this technology, and what brand(s) might offer this technology and the scent refills?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example: an ad poster in which we would see a hospital room where the scent not only varies according to the taste and profile of the patient staying there, but the scent will also evolve as the patient gets better, from soothing and calming to assuage their fear to increasingly dynamic and happy to stimulate their recovery and prepare them to leave the hospital rejuvenated.
A bad example will be something that already exists like just an air freshener that diffuses a specific scent in a room, or just changes the scent once in a while. It is not very innovative, nor is it new.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €1,000
- #3 Prize €500
An advertising poster to express your idea + a short description that answers the 4 questions.
The best ad poster will be innovative, but also clearly respond to a need or an opportunity, and will explain clearly how this technology can change the game! We are looking for creative usage of an on-demand scent technology that could be turned into commercial opportunities. So think about which brand might suit the device, and which brands would work as scent providers for the refills.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English.
- You can create an illustration for your advertising poster, or use existing pictures (please tell us where the picture comes from).
- In your description, answer the 4 questions.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.